Director of Programs (GBH)
Location: New York
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Girl Be Heard seeks a dynamic and visionary Director of Programs
to serve as a thought partner to the Executive Director in the
execution of the organization's strategic plan and help lead the
organization toward fulfilling its mission and deepening its
impact. The Director of Programs will inspire, lead, and manage a
high performing program staff and foster a healthy culture of
collaboration and excellence. They are responsible for financial
oversight of all programmatic work. They will serve alongside the
ED and the Artistic Director as a public spokesperson and
ambassador for Girl Be Heard, representing the organization in the
broader field. This is a full-time, exempt position located in
Brooklyn, NY. Currently the team is working remotely fulltime.
During normal operating periods, staff have flexibility to work at
home at least once a week. -Responsibilities:
- Assume overall responsibility for GBH program efforts across 5
program areas, 13 physical program sites, 1 international site and
virtual (online programming).
- Establish and communicate mission-driven short- and long-term
programmatic goals. Ensure that a highly qualified staff
successfully meets program goals.
- Guide, coach, and support the Director of Education and the
- Build a team environment among all program staff.
- Oversee programmatic and pedagogical focus using Creative Youth
- Set program budgets and manage spending.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Head of Development
and Fundraising to assess and enhance program sustainability by
expanding and diversifying the existing range of funding sources
- Cultivate institutional and individual funders, including City
Council, the Department of Cultural Affairs, and corporate
- In coordination with the Director of Education and the Artistic
Director, develop and implement a strategy to monetize the
- Develop strategic partnerships to elevate the organization's
profile and leverage opportunities to enhance the organization's
current model, programs, and resources.
- Strategically deepen and potentially widen the breadth of Girl
Be Heard's program portfolio.
- Refine systems and practices to measure, analyze, and improve
efficacy of programs.
- Collaborate with development and communications staff to
effectively utilize metrics and build financial support, comply
with grant/governmental regulations and reporting, and increase
public awareness of the organization and its impact.
- Ensure that Girl Be Heard has a consistent and active presence
among relevant communities and affinity groups.
- Represent Girl Be Heard at events and
- Passion for empowering youth by helping them share their
stories with the world and advance social justice issues.
- Strong candidates will have at least five years' experience in
non-profit management and program development and demonstrated
experience in the following:
- Developing and managing program staff
- Holding direct reports accountable to meeting programmatic
- Deep understanding of an/or experience within the creative
youth development sector
- Extensive experience in classroom instruction, curriculum
development, and coaching/professional development for
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills, with the
ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and
- Experience working in diverse settings and groups.
- Computer literacy: Google Apps, Dropbox, Excel, and Word
required. Salesforce and QuickBooks knowledge a plus.
- Ability to tackle emerging challenges and balance conflicting
priorities with a collaborative, creative, and strategic
- Clearance in NYC's Personnel Eligibility Tracking System
(PETS).Compensation:Salary range is $80K-$85K, commensurate with
experience. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation days
and holidays, as well as Citibike membership, discounted gym
memberships, and pre-tax transit benefit.How to apply:Send cover
letter, resume, two writing samples (grant proposals strongly
preferred) to email@example.com. Include "Director of Programs -
(your name)" in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on
a rolling basis, but priority will be given to those received by
August 24 th , 2020.About Us:
Girl Be Heard builds leaders, changemakers, and activists. We do
this through developing, amplifying and celebrating the voices of
girls and young women through socially conscious theatre-making,
performance, and storytelling. Girl Be Heard's education curriculum
encourages our participants to think critically about social
justice, challenge stereotypes, foster friendships, and build tools
for bringing about positive change in their communities. Our
programs are housed in 13 sites in NYC, one global program in
Trinidad and Tobago and are also accessible virtually, online.Work
Environment: We're a dedicated and energetic team that values a
collegial, transparent environment. We work hard to support each
other in all ways. We value innovators, people with big ideas and
even bigger passion and know-how to make those ideas happen. This
is a growth opportunity for the right person looking to really take
ownership of an important aspect of our organization and guide us
to the next level.Girl Be Heard's office is located in DUMBO,
Brooklyn, and is air-conditioned and located in a wheelchair
accessible building. Girl Be Heard seeks a broad spectrum of
employees and is strongly committed to a diverse and equitable work
environment. Queer individuals, trans people, people of color, and
women are highly encouraged to apply. Girl Be Heard is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, gender identity or expression, color, national origin,
ability, ethnicity, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, religion, or
belief.Learn more about Girl Be Heard by visiting -girlbeheard.org
Keywords: EPIP, New York , Director of Programs (GBH), Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!