Lighting Department Manager
Company: Creative Technology
Location: New York
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Lighting Department Manager - Creative Technology Group Career
Opportunities with Creative Technology Group A great place to work.
Creative Technology Group Share with friends or Subscribe! Are you
ready for new challenges and new opportunities?Join our
team!Current job opportunities are posted here as they become
available.Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as
new positions become available. Back To Openings Lighting
Department Manager Department: Operations Location: Secaucus,
START YOUR APPLICATION Lighting Department Manager FLSA Status:
Exempt Creative Technology New York, (CT) is accepting applicants
for Lighting Department Manager. This individual will be based out
of our New Jersey facility. This person will become an integral and
vital part of the Creative Technology Team. At CT we have the
resources and mission to be the premier provider of Audio, Video,
LED and Lighting systems to the corporate staging, live performance
and broadcast events industry nationwide. You will be joining a top
team of professionals and managing world-class equipment packages
and facility. It is a very demanding position which is engaging but
exciting and rewarding. This is a hands-on position and expected,
to lead by example. Your knowledge, vision for the quality and
presentation is the standard for you to pass down to the lighting
technicians, freelancers and other full time lighting staff. This
requires a big picture viewpoint. You must be able to assign tasks
to others so that you can keep things moving to accomplish the big
picture goals. Key Responsibilities:
- Manages -and prioritizes -the workload in the lighting
department and notifies -CTNY Operatins -of equipment or personnel
required to accomplish the workload. -This includes looking forward
at the upcoming shows to help manage crew needs.
- Manages -the maintenance of CT lighting equipment, including,
fixtures, cable, consoles, power and data distribution, trussing,
motors and rigging hardware.
- Receives -inbound lighting equipment and ensures -that it is
put through the CT process in a timely manner and returned to
rental inventory for the next show.
- Inspects equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and
oversees general maintenance when necessary and returned to rental
inventory for the next show.
- Reports damaged equipment to the technical services manager for
- Manages -the process of getting fixtures addressed based upon
the patch sheets provided by the ME's for upcoming shows.
- Maintains -equipment standards at the high level we already
- Works -in conjunction with the technical services manager on
upcoming lighting QC job order/repairs.
- This involves daily communication with the technical services
manager on various QC projects as well as the equipment needs of
- Notifies early action to QC of pending rapid turnarounds.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of R2 inventory software in order
to oversee scanning of equipment into and out of order -to predict
and plan for equipment shortages and to notify and work with
operations on resolving those shortages.
- Mentors -new members of the lighting team.
- Teaching new crew members, the processes we use for pulling,
prepping, and returning show equipment.
- Teaching new crew members, the processes we use for testing and
- Meets regularly with warehouse leads to analyze productivity
and develop actionable plans for improvement.
- Strategically manages warehouse in compliance with company's
policies and vision.
- Initiates, coordinates and enforces optimal operational
policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all warehousing, handling, and shipping legislation
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Fulltime, ability to work
flexible hours, including nights and weekends. Availability to work
- A minimum of 5 years in a professional audio, video and
- Highly Organized, hands-on approach.
- Upbeat team player who can work independently.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a
fast-paced ever-changing environment with an emphasis on strong
- Problem solver and ability to work under pressure and with
- Experience in management and or operations within a live
performance service company is desired.
- Knowledge and familiarity with database equipment reservation
- R2 inventory software experience a plus.
- Computer literacy a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office Software (Outlook/Word/Excel).
- Basic understanding of ATA Carnet format a plus.
- Clean driver record a plus.
- References What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (Employee only premium is
100% paid by employer)
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
- Discount Programs
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account Why Join Us? Check us out
at?www.ct-group.com Please note: The work location is expected to
relocate in mid to late spring from Long Island City, NY to
Secaucus, NJ. START YOUR APPLICATION
Visit Our Home Page - 2023 Creative Technology GroupApplicant
Tracking System Powered by -
Keywords: Creative Technology, New York , Lighting Department Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!