Director of Engineering
Location: New York
Posted on: September 21, 2023
You'll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed
across the US and EU. We value flexibility and choice but also stay
committed to regular in-person connection.
- 5 time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best
Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best
- DataBird journal's "Best Places" Best Companies for Diversity,
#1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal's " Best Places" Best Companies for Women, #4
2019 and #1 2020
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most
talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people
you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our
team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable
community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are
inspired by action
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions
when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in
which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our
diversity representation is above that of the tech industry
- The perks. Taskrabbit offers employer-paid health insurance,
401k match with immediate vesting, generous and flexible time off
with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends,
wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts,
reproductive health support, and more.
About the Role:
At a point of major inflection and scale, Taskrabbit is looking for
a Director of Engineering to own and drive the core, foundations
engineering strategy to enable Taskrabbit evolve its platform to
meet our growing marketplace and partnership needs. Taskrabbit is
looking for a strong leader with experience building a robust and
scalable platform and associated tooling to support current and
future Taskrabbit business goals. This leader will be responsible
for attracting and retaining high-caliber engineers and engineering
managers on a remote-first team, collaborating with Engineering,
Product and other business leaders to define the long-term platform
engineering strategy to support and sustain hyper growth for
TaskRabbit, and leading the engineering team to execute on this
strategy. This leader will report directly to the CTO
What You'll Do:
- Own and execute on the Foundational Engineering Roadmap at
Taskrabbit, leading teams of engineers to build the product
capabilities required to enable all business partners to
successfully deliver a delightful experience for their
- Partner with Product, Data, and Business Development to build
the Taskrabbit Foundations strategy and define the necessary
high-fidelity user stories to deliver high-impact business
- Collaborate with Engineering leaders and teams on architecture,
system design, and technical dependencies.
- Manage multiple core foundation areas (Infrastructure,
Developer Experience, Core Services, etc.), scale teams, and ensure
your organization is effective, healthy, and set up for success by
establishing clear and measurable goals.
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, and decisions across a wide
spectrum of audiences from engineers, EDDP (Engineering, Data,
Design and Product) partners, peers across the business, and
- Build and develop a team of engineers with experience building
processes, infrastructure, and systems for scale.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years experience building products for scale
- Proven track record managing effective engineering teams; 4+
years managing software teams; 2+ years managing managers
- Experience operating in an Scrum/Agile environment
- Experience building core capabilities used by one or more
- Experience leading infrastructure teams, specifically AWS
- Experience leading Developer Experience teams obsessing the
development lifecycle (CI/CD, infrastructure as code,
- Comfortable with React and Rails application
- Understand tradeoffs between maintainability, complexity, and
speed to market
- Minimum Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent industry
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects
people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do's, such as
furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a
company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our
culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We're looking
for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who
also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we're creating more opportunities for people to
earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building
lasting relationships with clients in communities around the
Taskrabbit's commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and
values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the
knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented
experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team
represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic
barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran
status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working
with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with
physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable
Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct
interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process
that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several
video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will
always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
Keywords: TaskRabbit, New York , Director of Engineering, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!