Associate Director of Development
Location: New York
Posted on: September 21, 2023
SALARY: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 AnnuallyThe YMCA of Greater New
York is here for all New Yorkers - to empower youth, improve
health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today, the Y
serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers
who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24
branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we
connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger
communities.To help fulfill our mission, we cultivate a culture of
learning, leading, and collaboration to enhance community impact.
Through our talented staff and "LEAP" career framework (Leadership,
Empowerment, Accountability, Personal Growth), we are committed to
a people-first approach that fosters trust, inclusion, growth, and
development for all.The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking an
Associate Director of Development, a key member of the newly formed
regional giving team of the Fund Development Department. Reporting
to the Vice President of Development, the Associate Director of
Development will manage a prospect portfolio of 125-175 active
branch donors and prospects, including individuals and
institutional donors, ranging from mid-level to major gifts
($25,000+), in order to facilitate and deepen their involvement
with the Y and their respective branches. The Associate Director
will be a self-starter and excellent multi-tasker and contribute to
the Fund Development team's annual fundraising goals and expand the
Y's pipeline of major gifts and planned giving donors. The ideal
candidate will be a proactive frontline fundraiser with knowledge
of the fundamentals of prospect moves management and portfolio
management. The Associate Director will also serve as a compelling
advocate for the Y's mission and community programs.
The Associate Director will be expected to solicit annual
unrestricted gifts while cultivating prospects to potentially
commit to larger multi-year commitments. This would include
restricted programmatic gifts as well as endowment, capital and
planned gifts.Partnership will be vital to this position's success.
As such, the Associate Director is expected to be a collaborative
and strategic fundraiser, with secondary reporting to Vice
Presidents of Field Operations and working closely with their
respective Executive Directors to achieve annual fundraising
- Independently manage a portfolio of individual and
institutional prospects through all phases of the giving cycle,
from qualification through cultivation, solicitation, and
- Actively maintain a current body of knowledge about the Y's and
branches' donor base, programs, aspirations and development
- Leveraging the Y's engagement opportunities, including special
events and other cultivation activities, plan and execute an
ambitious and strategic schedule of individualized correspondence,
meetings, and site visits that deepen donors' relationships with
- Draft funding proposals to request support from individuals and
- Plan and coordinate meetings with top prospects for the Branch
Executive Directors and Vice Presidents of Field Operations as
needed, including drafting key written communications, meeting
briefings, and acknowledgment letters.
- Create and maintain stewardship plans for top individual and
institutional donors and prospects and work collaboratively with
the Director of Development Services and Operations in fulfilling
donor recognition benefits.
- Update and add to the overall prospect management list by
identifying additional major gift prospects through identification
and qualification of current Y members.
- Maintain current and accurate records in database, tracking
documents (visit and call reports), and files.
- Assist with Association Office special events as needed.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and retreats.
- Associate Director is expected to be present at their
respective branches on a regular basis and visiting prospects
60-70% of the time.Desired Skills & Experience:
- A manifest and compelling passion for the Y's mission and
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in frontline fundraising,
non-profit donor relationship management, and/or sales.
- Experience soliciting support in face-to-face meetings.
- Exceptional persuasive writing, proofreading, and editing
- Strong and flexible time management and organizational
- Ability to plan and balance multiple projects and priorities in
a dynamic environment with both long- and short-term
- Care and consistency in matters of accuracy, presentation, and
attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with people from varying
constituencies and work within a multigenerational and
diverse-identity environment, including high net worth and
mid-level donors, members, branch board members, staff, and
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills and comfort speaking
- Willingness to work occasional evenings/ weekends for events
and donor visits.
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work interactively and collaborate as a team.
- High work ethic and commitment to professional
- Ability to collaborate and commitment to creating a positive
- Sense of humor.
- Experience with matrixed reporting and knowledge of Salesforce
preferred.The YMCA of Greater New York offers a variety of benefits
to its staff members includingretirement benefits , medical,
paid-time off, free YMCA membership and more! Benefit eligibility
is determined by an individual's employment status (ie. full-time
or part-time), tenure and/or the number of hours scheduled to work.
Clickhere for more information.How to apply?If you would like to be
a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online
application and submit your r--sum-- and a thoughtful cover letter
that explains your interest in the role and our organization.If you
are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through
the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
--- DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to
individuals with disabilities Continue searching for more
opportunities Employment Type - Any - Job Category - Any - Borough
- Any - Branch - Any - After School Jobs Help us keep NYC kids
safe, healthy, and on track for success this school year! Looking
for more than just a job? See why working at the Y is different. We
believe strong communities start with strong, healthy and connected
Keywords: YMCA, New York , Associate Director of Development, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!