Senior Development Project Manager
Location: New York
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Hi! I'm Alan, and I am the Vice President of Real Estate and
Development. I am looking for a Senior Development Project Manager
that will be responsible for managing all aspects of project
delivery for new stores, temporary & pop up locations and
You will work independently and cross functionally with the Retail
Expansion and Retail Operations departments to ensure our store
design is brought to life. You are a creative problem solver, with
a passion for customer-centric environments. You recognize that
getting the best from others requires strong relationships and the
ability to roll up your sleeves.
What you'll do:
- Plan and deliver an on-time build of each New Store Opening
(NSO) project from project permitting & bidding through clean
turnover and project close out.
- Build & manage project budgets. This includes recommendations
and guidance to the Experience Design team in the development of
cost-effective solutions that do not compromise design and brand
- Support similar scope across a broad range of project types
including NSO, renovation, reposition, and pop ups.
What you bring to the team:
- Collaborate with key functions of the Expansion & Retail teams
and manage relationships with external Manufacturers, Vendors,
Landlord Representatives and General Contractors to ensure each
project is delivered on time and on budget.
- Develop project schedules, budgets, and provide guidance to the
Real Estate Team and Store Design Teams regarding site
- Partner with our external Architect team(s) to confirm scope
and timing for obtaining any required permits necessary for project
- Manage multiple work streams across multiple projects
simultaneously, ensuring all deliverables are achieved on time & on
- Supervise internal Project Coordinators and cross-functional
partners to plan for each NSO and deliver on time and on
- Reconcile all deficiencies and after care of the new space
within 30 days after opening.
- In partnership with our third-party vendors, oversee
jurisdictional compliance including (but not limited to) obtaining
business license, operational permits, insurance certificates, LL
- Develop and administer RFP processes according to company
- Review all Architectural and MEP drawings at key milestone
deliverable dates including 90%, issue for permit and issue for bid
for conformance with established project budget, delivery
conditions and guidelines.
- In partnership with our third-party Construction Management
- Provide weekly project status reporting and feedback to the
Retail Expansion team.
- Take a proactive approach to anticipating schedule and budget
risks via development of real-time contingency plans in partnership
with the VP of Real Estate & Development.
- Place and track orders with established vendors for equipment,
supplies and services required for assigned retail expansion
- Successfully hand off all NSO projects to the NSO Manager,
ensuring no GC work is left to complete. Provide on-site support as
needed post hand-off to ensure an on-time opening.
- Frequent travel within North America and Internationally is
Things We Consider An Asset:
- 6-10 years of experience in multi-unit delivery. (Experience in
retail, hospitality or commercial projects are a plus.)
- Degree in Architecture, Construction, Project Management or a
related field, a plus.
- Experience concurrently delivering multiple small-scale
projects on time & on budget.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the retail industry across North
America and internationally.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational
- An entrepreneur who identifies opportunities and thinks
creatively to drive solutions forward.
- Detail-oriented decision maker that is capable of follow
through and accuracy.
- Appreciates feedback and constantly strives to improve self and
- Strong communication & organizational skills.
- Experience with Google G-Suite, Smartsheet & Notion. Experience
w/ Procore a plus.
Benefits at Mejuri:
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three
religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- 'Mejuri Passport' which allows employees who meet specific
criteria to work in other locations for one month per
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental
health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our
full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including
miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a
personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to
support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Please note that these benefits apply to full-time employees.
At Mejuri we embrace a hybrid working environment and support our
corporate employees to be successful whether they are at home or in
the office. The primary purpose of our offices is to drive
collaboration and deepen relationships with one another.
Looking for the perfect next opportunity is a big decision. Mejuri
recognizes the importance of pay transparency when it comes to
salary ranges as it empowers individuals through the hiring process
and supports them in making an informed decision. This role will be
for our New York office, with a base salary of $140,000- $150,000
per year based on a candidate's experience and qualifications.
Keywords: Mejuri, New York , Senior Development Project Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!