Design Manager, Foot Locker
Company: Foot Locker
Location: New York
Posted on: February 12, 2024
This role has the ability to work in a hybrid environment, working
from home and in-office at our NY Corporate Office.
As one of the most recognized brands in the world, Foot Locker's
design message and system is critically important in conveying our
brand image. We are looking for a creative, innovative and talented
design manger to lead our design function across a variety of
projects. Our ideal candidate should have experience from both a
hands on day to day design capacity as well as providing oversight
and creative feedback, project and task management. You should have
a vast understanding of design in both the digital and physical
retail space. In addition to continually driving the design quality
and thought forward, the VDesign Manager must be organized and able
to direct multiple projects of various sizes.
You will be responsible for the development, design and execution
of creative concepts and final designs across digital, in store and
social media. You will lead a team of designers in bringing digital
experiences to life. To do this, you will collaborate with multiple
stakeholders across marketing, e-commerce and visual merchandising
to understand our brand ecosystem, and to understand and influence
the overall user experience, applying user centered design
principals and clear design thinking in solving problems and
creating world-class designs.
- Lead design for the Foot Locker & Kids Foot Locker banner
- Review and provide creative direction and feedback for all
- Ensure deliverables meet requirements and quality
- Partner with editorial and creative directors to establish key
seasonal looks, concepts and themes
- Manage, prioritize and delegate daily design work in a
- Develop design strategies and systems for templatized use.
- Establish and maintain an organized design library and
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with brand and digital
marketing teams to enable an efficient workflow.
- Develop and document an enhanced design and review
- Adhere to priniciples of our brand book and ensure the
standards are met throughout the team
- Play an active role in leading meetings and responding to
- Continuously look for opportunities to optimize and evolve our
- Bachelor's Degree, industry related degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of in-depth experience designing in both
the digital and physical space.
- Strong portfolio showcasing design and thought process.
- Management experience.
- Strong creative, design, and communication skills; ability to
collaborate and build cross functional relationships
- Experience in digital design, including site graphics, emails,
and social media graphics.
- Understanding of image manipulation, typography, color and
balance, illustration, and best design practices.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and/or Experience with AEM (Adobe Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Mac software, including
PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop,
Illustrator, and InDesign; familiarity with Lightroom, After
Effects, and other Adobe programs preferred.
- Experience with Figma, JIRA and Confluence.
- Understanding of color contrast and all ADA compliance
- Agency experience a plus.
*Please provide a portfolio that shows examples of omni channel
touchpoints in your work.
T he annual base salary range is $74000 - $83000 /year. This range
represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this
position. This role is also eligible to receive short and long term
incentives that align with individual and company performance.
Salary will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and
alignment with market data. Salary is one component of the Foot
Locker, Inc. total compensation package, which includes the
Foot Locker Benefits :
- Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off
- Medical - Dental - Vision Coverage
- 401(k) - Roth 401(k)
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement for Qualified Courses
- Strong Company Culture
- Employee Resource Groups
Keywords: Foot Locker, New York , Design Manager, Foot Locker, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!