Corporate Real Estate (CRE) - Director of Governance
Company: Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
Location: New York
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
A newly created leadership position with responsibility for all aspects of CRE governance, risk, and compliance in support of the department's 5.6 million square feet, 450 property U.S. portfolio.
The Director will:
- Ensure centralized operational practices are accurately documented in monitoring the compliance control process, all while ensuring that the business activities are performed in accordance with bank policies, procedures, applicable laws, regulations, and best practices
- Oversee governance of CRE operational policies, including third-party risk management, audit and compliance. Serve as the main point of contact for IT and business continuity initiatives and reporting.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the CRE team by communicating, coordinating, and monitoring corporate governance, compliance and risk policies, systems, and procedures related to CRE while engaging functional leads to ensure CRE is in full compliance. Report the status of such requests to the Head of CRE as required and flags any risks in completing requests.
- Oversee proper reporting of performance metrics.
- In conjunction with Finance and CRE Project Management, implement and manage capital planning tool to ensure optimal allocation of corporate resources.
- Assist CRE in developing procedures to ensure early recognition and resolution of compliance and risk concerns prior to implementation. Support periodic updates on performance and results to division leaders and formal committees.
- Propose updates to company Governance structures and processes to maintain alignment with changing regulatory environments and industry best practices.
- Where appropriate, act as the Third Party Manager (TPM) for low and medium risk vendors and support the designated TPM with high and critical risk engagements.
- Liaise with other business support partners to ensure successful completion of their CRE-related initiatives and/or compliance requirements, (e.g., Sourcing, Third Party Risk Management, Compliance, Chief Corporate Administrative Office, IT, Information Security, Data Privacy)
- Ensure proper certification/recertification access of all applications, software, and technologies used by CRE when requested by security, IT, and other business support functions
- Engage with functional leads to ensure all CRE staff are compliant with LEAP certifications and contactor certifications as well as any other access rights
- Ensure CRE Standard Operations Manuals (SOMs) and Bankwide Policy Manuals (BPMs) are maintained and updated in a timely manner and according to bank policy
- Strong academic credentials-Bachelor's degree required with an advanced degree in law, finance, business, sourcing, risk management or related field being highly desirable
- 10+ years of experience in bank compliance, audit, risk, legal or related positions; prior CRE experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills across various leadership levels
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent attention to detail; strong organizational skills and process-oriented mindset
- Ability to handle multiple, complex tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with substantial independence
- Advanced proficiency in standard computing applications, including MS Project and Office, and presentation development and delivery
- Ability to manage highly talented and specialized staff in the area of third-party risk management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Keywords: Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, New York , Corporate Real Estate (CRE) - Director of Governance, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!