Director, PreSales (Financial Services)
Posted on: October 12, 2018
The Sales team plays a vital role not only with regard to revenue generation, but also with Informaticas reputation in the marketplace. We are the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. Backed by the strength of the Informatica brand we act as trusted advisors to solve our customers data problems. This trust is due to the quality products we offer and the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind them with an award winning global support team of data integration experts that are dedicated to our customers success.
We are seeking a technically adept, collaborative sales engineering director to join our team. You will work with Sales, Presales, and Management to develop and execute Technical Sales supporting strategies for the Area. You will work with other members of the pre-sales team to address the technical needs of potential customers and close new business from sales leads. In this role, youll serve as a counselor and advisor to customers and a technical coach to coworkers, providing advice and guidance throughout the sales cycle. Since the pre-sales team is responsible for capitalizing on new business leads and opportunities, members of the pre-sales team are instrumental to Informaticas future growth in the area.
Our Ideal Candidate
Youre technically sophisticated and have the patience and passion to guide your team, customers and stakeholders through all the capabilities of our products and solutions. You are able to effectively communicate internally across departments and deliver cross-functional solutions for the needs of your team and the area. You are able to plan, direct, and execute education and continuing enablement of your presales team. You are extremely comfortable talking to our customers in both friendly and high tension situations and providing guidance to your team to do the same. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently. As an influential and effective presales leader, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates. If your team members or customers are in remote locations, you are comfortable with frequent travel in order to engage face-to-face. In addition, you have the following attributes:
An ability to rapidly understand and translate clients business challenges and concerns into a solution oriented discussion.
Persuasive communication skills for presenting to all customer levels, from CTOs/CIOs, to engineering managers and programmers.
Ability to communicate internally at all levels to pursue initiatives relevant to your area which require input or help from other departments.
Youll serve as the leader of a team of thirteen to fifteen presales consultants and presales managers who act as the master of the technical agenda with responsibility for analyzing, explaining, and selling the technical aspects of the solution to customers. You'll partner closely with your counterpart in sales leadership to ensure quota attainment for the region. Youll oversee the distribution of resources to manage the technical sales cycle to ensure new business opportunities come to fruition and generate revenue for the company. You will ensure the technical competency and effectiveness of your team via continuing enablement.
- Required Management Roles and Competencies for this job include the following:
- Building Effective and Efficient Presales teams
- Strategic Planning and deployment of Presales personnel
- Effective Leadership, e.g. setting operational standards, managing change
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong Business Acumen
- Revenue and Customer focused operations
- Holds self and team accountable for timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software of customer contact and activity data (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.).
- BS degree or equivalent experience in product applications, ability to understand and explain related technologies, working knowledge of company products, all potential applications and effective communication skills.
- Experience in Cloud, Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Data Quality, Data Governance, Business Intelligence and RBDMS
- Knowledge in business-value selling tactics and techniques
- Preference for at least three years in Presales Management.
- Excellent presentation skills and poise.
- Strong experience in BI, ETL, and/or Applications Sales
- Preference for experience with Informatica
Keywords: Informatica, New York , Director, PreSales (Financial Services), Executive , Hoboken, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!