Technical Account Manager - Molecular Sieves Job
Location: King Of Prussia
Posted on: March 26, 2019
Req Id 30447 - Posted 01/17/2019 - Sales - King of Prussia.
The Technical Account Manager - Molecular Sieves position reports
to the Technical Sales Manager - ARKEMA Molecular Sieves
The Technical Account Manager will be responsible for technical
support, sales and business development in North America for
ARKEMA's Molecular Sieves into the Natural Gas, Petrochemicals,
Refining and Industrial Gas industries.
The Technical Account Manager will be responsible for implementing
the sales plan and maintaining relationships with our customers and
distributors in the Oil & Gas and Industrial Gas industries. This
role includes the technical support provided to customers:
technical offers, designs, technical consultations, startup
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical support to customers and distributors - 50%
* Technical support to both our customers and distributors:
technical offers, designs, loading supervision, startup
* The technical proposals submitted to our clients must be
customized to each customer / application in order to emphasize
ARKEMA's value proposition.
* For existing and new accounts, provide all the required technical
support, in partnership with our distributors - loading and startup
recommendations, operation follow up, troubleshooting, technical
recommendations to optimize the operation of the adsorption
Account Management - 25%
* Follow existing accounts: the sales cycle for adsorption units
can take 3 to 5 years. Maintaining a reliable, consistent,
positive, technically responsible image is critical to the
long-term success of the business.
* The key accountability for this role is to execute the growth
strategy of the American business in the Oil & Gas market.
* Prepare specific sales strategies with our distributors for each
* Ensure an accurate forecasting of sales by monitoring commercial
offers, timing of the projects, probability. Report sales
opportunities in monthly meetings.
* Lead proactively the sales process in order to secure a positive
outcome of the commercial offers.
* Develop effective customer relationships at different levels of
the organization through the sales process.
Business Development - 15%
* Actively pursue and report new business opportunities in
partnership with our distributors.
* Maintain an action plan to prioritize these opportunities and
leverage ARKEMA resources to prepare the best strategy to secure
* Provide and implement a strategy to grow the business, team-work
with the international sales and marketing teams.
* Deliver growth in the Oil & Gas business: consistently secure new
Industry & Customer Knowledge - 10%
* Understand market dynamics, customer's economic environment,
strategic business objectives, technical requirements.
* Reporting of sales activities and market information.
* Conferences and trade-shows.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
* Highly technical position
* Must be at ease and well prepared in front of customers and/or
management, including good presentation skills, negotiating skills,
ability to close a deal/sale
* Ability to communicate effectively with international
* Maintaining a reliable, consistent, positive, technically
responsible corporate image is critical to the long-term success of
* On average, business travel is expected to be at the 35 - 40%
range. May be higher at times. There will be 2 to 3 yearly trips to
Europe as well.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
* 5+ years experience in a technical or technical sales role in an
industrial environment, preferably in the Chemical Industry
* Experience in the Oil & Gas industry a plus
* Must have a good understanding of financial and economic aspects
of the job
* Optimal time management and organization skills a must
* Must be self-motivated and comfortable working independently in a
* Strong interpersonal skills, presentation skills and negotiating
* Ability to understand customer needs within the context of
Arkema's financial targets; ability to interact with all levels of
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes
materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer
performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans High Performance
Materials, Industrial Specialties and Coating Solutions. Our
globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the
markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR8.3 billion in 2017,
we employ around 20,000 people worldwide and operate in some 55
countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our
stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and
Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies,
water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and
design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Keywords: Arkema, New York , Technical Account Manager - Molecular Sieves Job, Executive , King Of Prussia, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!