Director, Patient Support Services-Neurology
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Location: Summit, New Jersey, United States
Job Category: Market Access
Work Location: 86 Morris Avenue 07901
Organization: Patient Support/Reimbursement
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in
medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our
purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will
change the course of human health. We value our passion for
patients, quest for innovation, and spirit of independence and love
of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and
growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance
our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Director, Patient Support Services-Neurology will play a key
role in the development and management of our patient access
support services strategy to support the launch of a new compound
in Multiple Sclerosis. This position is ideal for someone who
enjoys developing solutions that improve patient access to
medications and treatment. This person will be directly responsible
for ensuring launch excellence, HUB and vendor management,
implementing program enhancements and innovative solutions,
responding to daily customer issues / resolution and serving as a
point of contact for Celgene Sales and Marketing teams as well as
external vendors. This position may have direct reports.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the
- Manage day to day operations of HUB, PAP, Access Support
Solutions, and Specialty Pharmacy / Centers of Excellence partners
to ensure high quality performance in a compliant manner and
adherence to contractual requirements.
- Work closely with the commercial leadership team to align with
and execute on overall strategy, objectives, and key performance
indicators for patient services, further aligning with the trade
- Align, communicate, and work effectively with the Consumer
Marketing and Celgene MS Patient Support Program team to
effectively generate patient insights that help define
communication and adherence strategies.
- Gain key insights from case managers regarding their
interactions with patients and care partners to help create
relevant talking points to help educate and support patient
- Lead the development of analytics that define the patient
- Identify customer, access and program performance trends that
need to be escalated and followed through to resolution.
- Experience leading direct reports and providing coaching /
development, as needed.
- Assist with the implementation of new services, program
enhancements and operational efficiencies.
- Conduct regularly scheduled vendor site visits, as needed.
- Hold all vendors accountable to Key Performance Indicators
throughout term of contract.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Celgene commercial
business partners in sales, managed markets, data / analytics,
trade and marketing teams.
- Work across US Market Access teams, Trade, Copay, and closely
with the Field Reimbursement Team to assist with resolution of
- Support the patient services team in conjunction with finance,
legal, regulatory and compliance personnel across program details,
gross to net calculations, fees, etc.
- Maintain program correspondence, scripting and collateral via
Celgene internal legal and regulatory approval process.
- Continual development and management of budget for patient
support services within the HUB and other Access Support vendors
- Ability to manage 25% travel.
- Ability to create and maintain program documentation such as
SOPs, work instructions and training materials.
- Develop reports, and analyze data to identify trends related to
program performance, reimbursement and access, patient adherence to
therapy, and pharmacy performance.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, execute, follow up and
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions
(sales, managed markets, data/analytics, and marketing).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced,
deadline driven, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to influence across functions to gain consensus on
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendor contacts
resulting in strong program performance.
- Management Experience required of Direct Reports and managing
large patient service teams.Key Internal/External Partners:
- I&I Marketing
- I&I Sales
- I&I Senior Leadership
- All Relationships across US Market Access
- Pricing & Contracting
- Channel Marketing
- National Account Executives (Managed Care and Specialty)
- Sales Forecasting
- Sales Operations
- Compliance / Legal
- All Patient Support/HUB VendorsCelgene Leadership
- Drive Innovation
- Shape Strategy
- Promotes Open Communication
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Foster Teamwork
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing
drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major
global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the
discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products
for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory
\"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing
drugs for our patients.\"
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers
using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being
studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor
cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes,
chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin s lymphoma (NHL),
triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed
as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to
patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We
believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the
opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with
industry-leading programs that provide information, support and
access to our innovative therapies. Associated topics: brain,
neuro, neuro rehabilitation, neurology, neurophysiology,
Keywords: Celgene, New York , Director, Patient Support Services-Neurology, Executive , Summit, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!