Account Manager-Light Industrial Sales-Northern NJ & NYC
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: November 11, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO--
- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
We are hiring a light industrial sales Account Manager that will
cover Bergen, Morris, and Passaic counties in New Jersey, and
Rockland county in New York. The ideal candidate will reside in
This position is responsible for driving the Customer Center
equipment sales and service activity . Traveling in a defined
geographic area, this includes quoting, strategizing, prospecting,
and developing relationships to achieve revenue targets, maximize
profits, increase market share and maintain customer loyalty while
achieving organizational goals.
1) Generate Revenue - Responsible for generating sales of
equipment, service contracts, and service offerings with our direct
end users and partners selling to a defined customer base within a
geographic area. Develop existing customer base and secure new,
competitive accounts to expand IR presence in the market. Provide
and design compressed air solutions to fulfill industrial customer
needs. Products include compressed air equipment, accessories,
turnkey installations, service contracts, parts, service, rental
equipment and energy audits. Keep current with all product
knowledge, industry standards and training needed. Execute strategy
for continuous improvement and exceeding customer satisfaction.
Achieve all assigned sales targets.
2) Develop People Capabilities - Provide selling skills and
product/services training for dealer sales personnel (as required)
as well as personnel within customer center. Partner with services
team to best understand products and services and satisfy and
anticipate customer's needs.
3) Manage Cash - Ensure that all orders obtained are error-free
with correct customer documentation. Ensure resolution of all
customer disputes. Manage all costs associated with selling
efforts, including travel and entertainment expenditures.
4) Ensure adherence to safety rules (vehicle safety, customer site
safety) in the field, as well as in the customer center.
5) Earn Customer loyalty by collaborating cross functionally.
Leverage best support for customers by partnering with service team
to help troubleshoot customer issues or offer unique solutions.
6) Maintain Customer Relationship Management database including
face-to-face customer interactions, assets, agreements, contacts,
and opportunities in order management system. Record order
follow-up activities (e.g. delivery), reporting requirements
(email) and database requirements. Provide feedback on market
conditions. Responsible for driving and tracking sales pipeline of
all account activity and daily reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree required or 4 years equivalent working
experience - Engineering Degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in an industrial sales business
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving, or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills,
including verbal, written and presentation communication
- Establishes and builds solid relationships with customers, key
institutions and team members
- Honest, self-motivated and team oriented.
- Able to work within a team environment and independently.
- Mechanical and electrical expertise required.
- Ability to assess customer needs, analyze and interpret,
perform basic equipment performance calculations, and to recommend
- Tech savvy; knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Proven business and sales acumen, including the ability to
prospect accounts, effectively navigate within a customer
organization, value sell, and win competitive accounts
- Must have excellent prioritization and time management
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, New York , Account Manager-Light Industrial Sales-Northern NJ & NYC, Executive , Edison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!