Front Desk Manager
Company: Highgate Hotels, LP
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation
of the Guest Services, Concierge and Uniformed
Services/Transportation in an attentive, friendly, efficient and
courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior
to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and
occupancy. This position must be able to relief two overnight
manager shifts on weekly basis.
* Respond to all guests requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented at the Front Desk or through reservations,
comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive,
courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest
* Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Guest Services
personnel according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
* Able to cover relief overnight shift
* Prepare and conduct all Guest Services interviews and follow
hiring procedures according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
* Develop employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services
* Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close
observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house
daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
* Attend daily and monthly Rooms Merchandizing meetings.
* Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled
* Review Guest Services staff's worked hours for payroll
compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis
* Prepare employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll
budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
* Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and
* Maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders,
vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
* Ensure that Wage Progress, Productivity and the Ten Day Forecast
are completed on a timely basis according to Highgate Hotel
* Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
* Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned
checks, rejected credit cards, employee discrepancies, etc.
* Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system,
including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and
* Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
employees maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s in its use.
* Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front
Desk in accordance with Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
* Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house
rules. Understand hospitality terms.
* Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position for Guest
* Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
* Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
* Must maintain constant communication with Housekeeping,
Reservations and the Credit Manager..
* Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the
Highgate Hotel philosophy of service.
* Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
* Follow and enforce all Highgate Hotel credit policies.
* Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly,
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other
* Maintain and monitor \\"Lost and Found\\" procedures and policies
according to Highgate Hotel standards.
* Establish and maintain key control system.
* Ensure participation within department for monthly Highgate Hotel
* Focus the Guest Services Department on their role in contributing
to the Guest Service and audit scores.
* Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
* Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary
* Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by
* Review Front Office log book and Guest Request log on a daily
* At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year
of related experience.
* Supervisory experience required.
* The ability to demonstrate exceptional Customer Service
* Must be proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office.
* Able to work long hours as sometimes required.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying
concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and
assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal
employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an
applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any
other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will
provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to
participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test
or job interview) if so requested.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, LP, New York , Front Desk Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!