Location: Elmwood Park
Posted on: November 11, 2019
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring we bring
best solutions and products to market that our healthcare customers
fall in love with and drive business growth. In this role, you will
have end to end ownership of solutions, from conceptualization of a
solution to shipping of the end product; owning the accountability
of the general product roadmap based on strategic themes and
budgets. You will be part of the product management team, working
closely with Engineers, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Finance and
Business. Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Define and ideate new products and functionalities to
healthcare users. Execute the development, SRP plans, go to market
strategies and shipping of the product.
- Work directly with VP of Product Management on a daily basis.
Interact with client decision makers and internal stakeholders to
determine and develop business requirements for all products.
- Work closely with Product Development on a daily basis. Direct
and assist Market Analysts to research and break down major
requirements into user stories for an agile development team.
- Collaborate with Service & Support Teams in gauging client
needs and software usefulness.
- Work with Marketing and sales with product launches and sales
readiness plans; contribute to articles, case studies and webinars
as and when needed.
- Maintain product roadmaps (short & long term) as well as a
well-groomed and organized backlog for assigned product, and
coordinate efforts with corresponding Product Teams, including
enhancements, production support, etc.
- Work with other product teams to understand key workflows and
identify necessary data elements to support approached to roadmap
- Assist all departments in day-to-day activities related to
product design and functionality.
- Develop and manage metrics for performance; ensure delivery
against department goals and objectives, i.e. meeting commitments
and coordinate overall schedule.
- Interact with technical personnel and business
- Conduct research, attend webinars and review other
informational resources to develop high-level requirements for new
projects and product functionality assuring all requirements adhere
to government regulations, internal guidelines, and organization
- Provide documentation and information about release planning
and provide relevant information to our internal and external
customers under the direction of the VP of Product Management.
- Assist with securing clients for focus groups and acceptance
- Assist with documentation and communication necessary to
provide sales and marketing teams with information regarding
roadmaps, priorities, timelines, features, competitive information,
and product positioning as needed.QualificationsEducation
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Healthcare
Informatics, Computer Science, Healthcare management or related
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Information Systems
or Information Management preferred. Business Experience
- Experience in Healthcare Industry. Within Healthcare,
understanding and experience of the Laboratory IT solutions OR
Hospital IT solutions is a must. Currently working in an industry
related to Health, with a background in other software companies
with high focus on growth-based and innovative software products is
- 3 years of progressive experience of developing business
requirements within product management and/or product development
- The ideal candidate is an independent, hands-on, energetic team
member, ability to deliver quality work in regards of product
management. There will be a strong focus on meeting business needs
through detailed understanding of user requirements and effective
and accurate implementation of technical specifications. The
ability to aid in the identification, coordination, and scheduling
of critical tasks to bring products and functionalities to market
- Ability to contribute in short term and long term product
plans, growth of the products, product innovation including
business cases, product pricing, ROI analysis and P&L,
forecasting models per market segment, create SVP and sales vision
plans and documentation.
- Strong focus on meeting business needs through detailed
understanding of user requirements and effective and accurate
implementation of functional specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication, and
project management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of the practices and procedures of
medical practices, and other healthcare related facilities is
- The ability to identify, coordinate, and schedule critical
- Perform software and technical assessments in collaboration
with both internal and external business representatives.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and in a
- Agile Methodology Skills - Strong Experience in Agile
Methodology. Estimations in Agile, breaking specs to epics & user
stories, Sprint Planning support, Retrospective, and Scrum
- Pragmatic Marketing certified preffered.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Safe Agilist (SA), or PMI
Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) recommended.
Keywords: ELLKAY, New York , Product Manager, Executive , Elmwood Park, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!