Art Director & Senior Designer
Company: Great Heights
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Great Heights is seeking to build-out their leadership with a
proven dual Art Director/Senior Designer to lead all creative
efforts and establish a foundation for a world-class in-house
global creative team. The Art Director will also serve as Senior
Designer for all marketing and communications for customer-facing
and internal assets. We are looking for a high energy, no BS,
process-oriented go getter to sit at the intersection of the
marketing and communications teams to create and manage world-class
creative and also serve as brand steward. We are looking for
someone that excels at collaboration across multiple teams, both
internal and external, with a proven ability to produce high
caliber design at scale, from concept to completion. Most
importantly, we are looking for someone who has the passion and
speed to drive the business with conviction with the ambition to be
a highly influential voice in building the next generation of
consumer brands. Some essential elements for success include:
- Having a full understanding of the entire creative and
production process, with mastery of hands-on design concepting,
editing and retouching.
- Possessing robust experience designing strategy, establishing
standards and process for managing creative for a large number of
paid, owned and earned marketing channels.
- Being detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling
multiple projects/campaigns at once, and have experience leading a
team along with outside creative resources.
Additional responsibilities include support of content, copywriting
and editorial strategy, involvement in creative insights through
advanced segmentation, coordination with front-end design resources
on the ecommerce/product/engineering team, maintenance of brand
guidelines/brand book, press/media kit, corporate materials,
lookbooks, point of purchase/showroom materials, supporting digital
asset management process and the internal photography efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes all aspects of the creative vision, ensure creative
direction is retained throughout the entire production process for
the Great Heights brand. Finalize brand standards with an eye for
consistency by operationalizing and improving on brand development,
brand strategy, positioning, guidelines, etc
- Partner with marketing operations lead and owned channels
(email/social) lead to develop a full understanding of
comprehensive marketing channel needs - expand on business brief to
include creative sections required to brief creative resources
- Partner with digital operations lead for product and packaging
sample management, CGI management and digital asset management
(develop taxonomy, naming conventions, metadata and other
attributes for image management); drive select process and final
deliverables in all variations.
- Partner with photography production lead/product
stylist/wardrobe stylist/studio manager to ideate on in-house
creative concepts and build on in-house studio to drive photography
and video needs, as well as asset transfer from CaptureOne to cloud
storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, etc).
- Serve as lead point of contact for all brand strategy,
positioning, creative strategy and production with an "agency with
a client roster of one" mentality.
- In partnership with company co-founder, architect and build a
modern creative services strategy, budget, culture and ethos that
will attract and retain elite design talent.
- Assist company co-founder in identifying external creative
resources (agencies, freelancers and other partners) with a mindset
to accelerate the growth of Great Heights to multiple global
- Concept, create/design and develop all company
collateral/templates for internal and external presentations for
corporate communications, investor relations, etc.
- Serve as lead internal art director for all lifestyle shoots
and product shoots, defining what it means to be on-brand -
developing/sourcing swipe, mood and distinct creative
- Work closely with social and influencer team to cast talent for
- Lead the post-production select process, retouching/editing
notes and execution (internal or external) and all else involved to
bring creative direction to life including but not limited to pixel
perfect graphic design, retouching, illustration, etc.
- Support capital budgeting process for all things creative,
including monitoring and controlling of all costs associated with
external designers, retouchers and other creative resources.
- Participates in research in areas of creative and content
strategy and other best practices with an eye for competitive
- Serve as a key contributor for the selection and adoption of
collaboration tools (ie Slack, Asana, Monday.com, Wrike, Airtable,
Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, etc.).
- Key contributor to company culture, thought leadership and
educational initiatives both in within the jewelry/diamond world,
DTC as well as the broader creative and artistic fields through
events, conference and other activities.
- Reviews operating practices and implement improvements where
necessary, including onboarding for new team members.
- Able to delegate responsibly with effective decision-making
capability, with an eye for speed.
- Additionally, the candidate must be passionate about people
development - Great Heights is building an enduring high growth
business, committed to having an A-player in every seat. The ideal
candidate will be able to attract and mentor great talent, within
creative services, marketing, communications and beyond. Team
members will also be rewarded with opportunities to develop thought
leadership and receive recognition for their work.
- The candidate will recognize and is attracted to the chaotic
startup environment and mindset (ie this is not a typical 9 to 5
job) and will be rewarded with ultimate flexibility in work/life
balance and commitment to many elements that are associated with
admirable "best places to work" brands.
- Bachelor's degree required - Communications, Creative/Fine Arts
or Marketing, or similar related field is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in a combination of brand or brand and
agency experience with key roles in hands-on creative efforts in
high growth environments.
- Excellent foundational and advanced creative technical skills
across the entire Adobe Creative suite, with key focus on
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, Final Cut/Premiere
- Expert level photo and video resource, having served as mentor
to various contributors to the creative process for 5+ years.
- Experience managing multiple projects and tasks across a large
number of departments, divisions and individuals along with
multiple outside partners/vendors.
- Exceptional fluency in creative process design, creative
project management and workflow management as well as a champion
for the use of collaboration and tracking tools; a high
organizational acumen that is driven by pressure to perform by
exceeding both time and budget expectations.
- High level understanding of traditional and digital marketing
channels, agency services and advertising in a highly competitive
- Extremely driven, passionate and curious self-starter who can
consistently uncover areas for improvement in creative strategy and
tactics and carry through to implementation while preserving a
positive attitude and environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, positive attitude, high energy
level, authenticity and hustle is imperative for success in this
- Budgeting responsibility for creative teams.
- Global experience in a marketing and/or ecommerce setting is a
- This position does not require frequent travel.
About Great HeightsGreat Heights is a market leader and pioneer of
online lab grown diamonds, engagement and wedding rings and is led
by jewelry industry and DTC veterans. Our Co-founders have grown
comanies well into the hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue
with muliple exits. Our management team and advisory board have
unparalleled prior jewelry experience from iconic brands such as
Signet, Tiffany & Co, Georg Jensen, Cartier, David Yurman, James
Allen and Alex and Ani. We are located downtown in a full floor
Tribeca loft and offer flexible remote work options for the right
candidate. Learn more at greatheights.com.
Great Heights Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees.
Keywords: Great Heights, New York , Art Director & Senior Designer, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!