Company: The Common Good
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Seeking a Program Manager for The Common Good who shows experience
and aptitude for leadership; a willingness to be a problem solver
and ability to handle multiple tasks; good writing and research
skills; and demonstrated interest in politics and policy.
The Common Good is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that uses
forums and initiatives to encourage our leaders across the
political spectrum to find common ground and help bridge the
divisions that threaten our nation. Our events range from
screenings of thought-provoking films, to hosted briefings, panels,
conversations and forums with thought leaders from various
disciplines, political and economic leaders, artists and activists.
Past guests or events have included: Barack Obama, Geroge W. Bush,
Bill Clinton, Dick Cheney, Al Gore, Henry Kissinger, Nancy Pelosi,
Claire McCaskill, Tim Kaine, John Kerry, Jeh Johnson, Melanne
Verveer, David Petraeus, Michael Hayden, Jim Clapper, Mike Mullen,
Christine Todd Whitman, Ed Rendell, Christine Todd Whitman, Paul
Krugman, Nouriel Roubini, Alan Blinder, Mitch McConnell, Paul
Begala, Ed Rollins, Robert Shrum, Arianna Huffington, Carl
Bernstein, Sebastian Junger, Gloria Steinem, Gayle King, Mark
Ruffalo and many more distinguished and influential voices.
Position Overview:The ideal candidate would be both a team leader
and a team player. The PM will help plan, coordinate, implement and
execute events, programs and projects around the calendar year,
while watching deadlines and the budget. Your focus and hard work
are expected; your ideas and initiative consistent with our goals
and mission are much valued. Additional duties may include
reinforcing and growing a supportive and enthusiastic membership
base and contact list; reinforcing and growing revenue and
fundraising efforts; supporting and guiding efforts for research,
website updating, database maintenance and in TCG marketing and
information dissemination through social media messaging; building
strategic partnerships with other nonprofits, corporations,
government agencies and leaders; providing managerial guidance for
interns and volunteers in the planning, execution and production
for our 12-20 events around the calendar year, including our annual
Awards event and the TCG Forum, initiatives, etc.; and interacting
appropriately with high profile leaders who make up both our
audience and our speakers. There is much potential for long-term
growth within the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's and/or applicable work
- Good research and writing skills, both orally and in
- Great time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in current affairs and
- Knowledgeable with basic computer software-i.e. Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and the GSuite equivalents. Familiarity in working with
SquareSpace, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Adobe PhotoShop or other
blogging/social media platforms is a big plus.
- Creativity in design applicable to social media posts,
podcasts, videos, website a plus.
- Experience in event coordination a plus.
- Professional approach and appearance a must.
Responsibilities:Help create and maintain an event schedule to
continue the high caliber roster of speakers and present topical
and important public policy subjects; top-quality execution of
details and production of the events; manage and monitor the team
in order to ensure the success of the event/project.
- Manage and oversee all logistics, details, expenses, and budget
for your events and projects.
- Help grow and manage membership and member revenue, member
cultivation, contact, and correspondence.
- Assist writing, designing and executing social media
- Help build the organization's relationships with speakers,
leaders, businesses for strategic alliances and revenue.
- Help develop messaging initiatives for grassroots
- Help manage and train interns.
- Help maintain office organization.
- Holidays, personal time, sick days get paid time off. Vacation
days accrue after one year.
- Direct deposit pay
- Salary - $26-$40k annually or commensurate with work/salary
Keywords: The Common Good, New York , Program Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!