Program Manager - Control Actuation Systems
Company: Marotta Controls
Posted on: November 11, 2019
POSITION: Program Manager - Control Actuation Systems
JOB ID: 618
# OF OPENINGS: 1
PROGRAM MANAGER - CONTROL ACTUATION SYSTEMS
Founded in 1943, Marotta Controls is a fully integrated solutions
provider which designs, develops, qualifies and manufactures
innovative systems and sub-systems for the aerospace and defense
sectors. Our portfolio includes pressure, power, motion, fluid, and
electronic controls for weapon systems, shipboard and sub-sea
applications, satellites, launch vehicles, and aircraft systems.
With over 200 patents, Marotta continues to build on its legacy as
a highly respected, family-owned small business based in the state
of New Jersey.
We take our work seriously and deliver on our promise to develop
best in class technology backed up by superior quality and
world-class service. Our teams have repeatedly been recognized for
outstanding performance by some of the most prestigious
organizations in the world. Honors include: Outstanding Small
Business Supplier -Lockheed Martin; Small Business Supplier of the
Year Lockheed Martin; Platinum Source Supplier - Northrop Grumman;
Special Recognition for Outstanding Execution The Boeing Company;
Supplier of the Year Nomination The Boeing Company; Regional Small
Business of the Year - US Small Business Administration; George M.
Low Award for Quality and Excellence NASA.
Demonstrated Corporate Competencies
* Fiscally Responsible
A Program Manager leads multiple, concurrent development programs
through proposal, funding, development, qualification and volume
production. The program manager coordinates and influences internal
engineering, operations, business development, finance and
contracts teams. Our customers are leaders in the aerospace and
military markets; the Program Manager is the customer advocate and
primary point of contact. Program Managers perform project
planning, progress measurement, scope control, and ensure execution
to goals through financial and program based milestones. Business
development and participation in market segment strategy are
essential components of this role.
* Bachelors of Engineering Degree required
* 1 or more years of program management experience
* PMP certification preferred
* Experience working within aerospace or a similar technical field
* Highly analytical and detail-oriented
* Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Intimate knowledge of people management skills, particularly
influence management and conflict resolution
* General knowledge of operations, including scheduling,
procurement, manufacturing, test engineering, and quality
* Exemplary verbal/written communication skills required for
multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the
organization, as well as any and all outside agents, including but
not limited to; vendors, suppliers, customers, etc.
* Strong attention to detail and follow-up
* This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security
clearance, therefore you must be able to obtain/maintain a security
* Responsible for:
* Creation and release of project Work Breakdown Structure with
* Creation and maintenance of project Integrated Master
* Facilitating IPD Process compliance by completing required
Initiating Activities, Design Reviews, and Gate Review
* Facilitate internal and customer weekly team meetings/telecons
with documentation of minutes and maintenance of Action Item
* Create Monthly Program Review materials for assigned projects and
presenting to Executive Leadership.
* Achievement of NRE Cost, Design to Cost, and Schedule performance
against budget for assigned projects.
* Review and creation of material and/or labor plans and cost
* Resolution and coordination of project cost, schedule, and
technical performance issues.
* Monitor and control of project scope.
* Escalation of issues or risks that cannot be resolved at the
project team level.
* Maintain high customer satisfaction for assigned projects.
* Identifying opportunities to grow business content with
associated projects and customers.
* Supporting significant proposals with related PMO inputs.
* Initiating and scrubbing proposal Bases of Estimates and
* Expected to achieve:
* Project expenditures within 10% of budget.
* On-time delivery of major milestones within 2 weeks of
* The highest level of customer satisfaction.
* Early detection and mitigation of risks.
* Demonstration of highest ethical standards
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
* Bring initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner
through effective interaction with individuals, both internal and
external to the Marotta organization (as required).
* Maintain and continue to develop relationships with Business
Development, Engineering, Operations, Customer Service and all
other facets of the company
* Abide by all safety, quality, and company policies/procedures to
ensure compliance to various regulatory and internal system
* Contribute to a positive and cooperative work environment through
effective communication at all levels internal and external to the
* Actively participate in team meetings, improvement
initiatives/programs, etc. to provide constructive recommendations
and initiate actions to support company initiatives/goals
* Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values
* Keep management informed of area activities and of any
* Assume responsibility for related duties as required or
* Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as
* This job interacts both in a professional office environment and
a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard
office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing
cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the
appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
* This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are 8 hours,
Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekend work are required, as
job duties demand.
* Limited travel for this position (10-15%)
We offer a highly competitive compensation package for this
outstanding position plus a quarterly bonus along with a full range
of top quality benefits and employee services including medical,
prescription, dental, vision, life and disability income insurance
programs, 401k retirement plans with company match, generous
tuition aid program, paid vacation, sick and personal days, 11
holidays, summer hours, on-site credit union and ATM, and much
more. WE RECOGNIZE AND REWARD OUR EMPLOYEE\'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS.
Please visit our website at www.marotta.
Many of our contracts require proof that you are a U.S. citizen
and/or that an export license has been obtained for employees who
are citizens of certain countries. Your employment, both initially
and continually thereafter, is conditioned on production of such
proof of citizenship and/or any export license that may be required
to comply with any and all applicable laws, regulations, or
executive orders, or required by Federal, State, or local
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Keywords: Marotta Controls, New York , Program Manager - Control Actuation Systems, Executive , Montville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!