Fundraising Campaign Director
Company: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Posted on: November 11, 2019
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a
living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS,
employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of
our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a
specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on
making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's
disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients
and their families.Join us and give new meaning to the word,
"job."Responsible for managing and implementing the "Of The Year"
campaigns to achieve and exceed revenue goals for the Leukemia &
Lymphoma Society (LLS) in support of LLS' mission, within the
region and/or chapter's chartered area. Reports to: Executive
DirectorSupervises: Will supervise assigned staffThe New Jersey
chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society seeks a Campaign
Director to lead their "Of The Year" campaigns. "Of The Year"
consists of two campaigns - Man Woman of The Year and Students of
The Year. Man Woman of The Year is a spirited 10-week fundraising
competition where participants raise funds toward the LLS mission
in honor of local blood cancer survivors given the titles of Boy &
Girl of the Year.One of LLS's newest and most exciting campaigns is
Students of the Year. Philanthropic and passionate young adult high
school candidates engage in an exciting competition to earn The
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) "Student of the Year" title by
raising funds for LLS blood cancer research.
- Implement the comprehensive strategic plan for assigned
fundraising campaigns which includes organizational best practices,
specific revenue and expense budget, timeline, logistics, volunteer
activities and recruitment, marketing, logistics and sponsorship
plan for each event.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment,
mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer
leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal
fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Implement organizational best practices with regard to
recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation
activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions
and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement
of revenue goals.
- Responsible for supervising and training campaign and support
staff in the delivery of special events.
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate recruitment and
fundraising strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and
retain and upgrade event donors/participants.
- Utilize proven promotional activities ensuring the success of
events and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising
campaigns, including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense),
community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of
- Ensure media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships are
secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal
development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and
- Manage campaign materials required for the successful
implementation of assigned special events including
recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters,
training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials,
- Assist, as assigned, in the development and implementation of
other chapter activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs
to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient
- Perform other related duties as assigned.Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 years fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event
- Previous experience as a Campaign ManagerPosition Requirements:
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient
access, education, public policy & advocacy and research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media &
emerging online channels
- Strong background in volunteer recruitment, management and
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite Physical Demands & Work
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs
in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15
pounds for various events.
- Travel up to 20%.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.The statements herein are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for
employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the
Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from
third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes
to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS
is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by
LLS Recruiting. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal
Keywords: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, New York , Fundraising Campaign Director, Executive , Cranford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!