Entry Level Environmental Laboratory Chemist
Posted on: January 17, 2020
About the company: TechLaw recognizes that our company is
successful because of its people. We share with our employees a
vision of a company where people are valued and motivated by
opportunities to learn, contribute and grow. Our environmental
consultants help government and commercial clients assess
performance, manage risk, implement sustainable remedies and
resolve uncertainty. Professionalism, knowledge and experience are
the hallmarks of our team. We have the experience to lead, the
expertise to succeed, and the compassion to care.
Job Description: We are currently seeking an Entry Level Laboratory
Chemist for an Environmental Lab in Edison, NJ. The position
involves laboratory testing and support.The technician is to
provide an internal customer satisfaction and construction program
delivery by performing established chemical tests and analyses. The
position will support organic, metals and sanitary (wet chemistry)
lab. The Associate receives chains of custody and enters project
information into the Promium Element Data System. He/she is
responsible for accurate and timely input of all client information
related to sample receipt, analysis, and specific client
requirements. We will provide the ideal candidate with interest in
environmental science on-the-job training and a collaborative
environment with opportunities for learning and expanding knowledge
Salary Range: $36,500 to $42,000 DOE
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare reagents and samples to be used in performing
- Demonstrate proper cleaning techniques for work area,
instrumentation, and equipment.
- Work independently on administrative and technical projects
assigned by laboratory supervisors.
- Assist with sample receipt, order entry sample collection, and
other lab activities as directed by Laboratory Manager.
- Support all lab operations and functions, including monitoring
and requesting supplies and materials to maintain lab supply
- Track inventory level of supplies and reagents to ensure no
interruption of work flow.
- Clerical skills (typing, phone, copiers).
- Trend and monitor key performance metrics as assigned by
- Provide extended coverage for OSCAR functions: sample line up,
log in, labeling and delivery to specific department, empty out
coolers and discard ice from the coolers. Glassware washing. Daily
temperature and balance monitoring. Sample dumping to waste
container and transfer waste to the outside shed. Data entry for
chemical inventory and other
- Assist with warehouse work like decontamination of pumps and
- Collect air samples from monitoring devices at various
- Operate other instrumentation as trained.
- Assist the Data Validation team if needed.
Required Qualifications: To be considered for this position you
- BS or BA degree in a Chemistry or Biological science, with
someexperience in analytical chemistry and operating analytical
equipment. Science background is preferred (i.e. Chemistry,
- A minimum of 1 year experience in Wet analytical chemistry or a
- Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficient with Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work effectively with multiple disciplines
- A solid background in analysis and interpretation of data
- Good written and oral communication skills, organizational
skills, administrative skills, documentation skills and attention
to detail are essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment;
flexible and quickly adaptable to changing priorities.
- Successful applicant will need to have good attention to detail
and be able to document all sampling meticulously (training will be
provided as to requirements)
- Excellent cross-functional team leadership and participation
- Knowledge of chemical families and compatibilities
- Environmental training (e.g. 40 or 24 Hour HazMat
certification), familiarity with air monitoring/environmental
sample collection devices and maintenance,data recording, and
processing skills are desirable
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a
member of a team
- Strong multi-tasking skills: Must be able to perform operations
simultaneously and must be able to switch from task to task upon
- Skilled in the ability to successfully communicate with
partners, peers, and managers.
- Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and work in
all weather conditions
- Must have the flexibility and ability to travel 25% of the
- Must be able to work standing for long periods
- Must be able to work inside a chemical laboratory and handling
chemicals all day
- Must be able to wear all PPE (personal protective
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and perform
basic mathematical calculations is required.
TechLaw is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin,
age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.Job
Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: TechLaw, New York , Entry Level Environmental Laboratory Chemist, Healthcare , Edison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!