FGP Nurse-Lake Sucess
Company: NYU Langone Health
Location: New York
Posted on: January 17, 2020
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical
schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained
thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the
course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people.
An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at
its core is committed to improving the human condition through
medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care.
For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for carrying out
patient care responsibilities with emphasis on decision-making
related to the steps in the nursing process to include assessment,
diagnosis, identification of expected outcomes, planning,
implementation and evaluation. Provides competent, safe and
compassionate care based on established NYUHC Patient Care and
Nursing Standards. As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare
team, formulates the initial plan of care with the provider
(physicians or nurse practitioner) and collaborates with them to
implement a comprehensive patient centered plan of care to achieve
- Participates in center-based quality and performance
improvement program consistent with service and departmental
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competence to
- Supports the missions, philosophy, standards, goals and
objectives of the institution, Departments of Nursing, and service
- Collects patient healthcare data systematically and, on an
on-going basis, using appropriate assessment techniques and
- Participates in coordination of unit activities to provide
patient care in a healing, humane and caring environment.
- Engages in self-assessment and participates in activities to
promote own professional growth and development.
- Maintains an awareness of current evidence-based practices and
uses research data applicable to patient care.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnoses.
- Collaborates with the members of the interdisciplinary team and
promotes collegial relationships.
- Serves as a support and resource for nursing staff and
- Participates in clinical inquiry and activities to foster an
- Identifies expected outcomes and anticipates unexpected or
adverse outcomes as individualized to the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the NYUMC Service Standards and
incorporates into the performance of responsibilities.
- Utilizes resources to meet individual learning needs and
promote professional development in clinical practice.
- Participates in quality improvement programs and activities
that promote patient, family/caregiver, physician and staff
- Provides emergency care in accordance with the Centers
- Participates in designated activities related to standards and
regulations of relevant outside agencies.
- Develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care
- Implements interventions identified in the plan of
- Evaluates the patients progress toward attainment of expected
- Educates the patient and family to facilitate and promote
healthy adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and
cultural groups in all patient care activities.
A Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is highly preferred; a Diploma or
Associates Degree in Nursing requires a minimum of one year
experience in conjunction with plans to earn a baccalaureate degree
required. Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York
licensure is required. BCLS is also required. Emergency room or
critical care nursing experience and membership in pertinent
professional organizations preferred. Membership in pertinent
professional organization preferred. Fluent written and spoken
English language skills necessary. Physical stamina, manual
dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities
needed also required.
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS
ACLS certification. Spoken mastery of a second language strongly
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with
all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a
place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of,
an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects
of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are
encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard
to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual
orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin,
age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or
parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any
other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine's EEO policies, please
click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law"
poster or visit
more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , FGP Nurse-Lake Sucess, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!