Inpatient Psychiatrist Westchester Medical Center-Valhalla, NY (Physic
Location: New York
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The Attending Psychiatrist will have responsibility for clinical
care and educational activities on a 24-bed acute adult inpatient
unit, including collaborating with a multidisciplinary treatment
team. The Attending Psychiatrist participates in activities related
to clinical care and documentation of care, performance
improvement, regulatory compliance, resident and medical student
education, and continuing surveillance of the professional
performance of the clinical staff. Responsibilities:
- Participate in staff meetings, team meetings, and clinical
- Collect pertinent data and complete investigations and reports;
and integrate and coordinate the unit's activities with hospital
and department programs (patient care, teaching, research, and
community health programs).
- Strive to achieve continued strong relationships with the
voluntary physician community and work collaboratively on program
- Assess and resolve complex social, economic and psychosocial
problems that may impact on service members and their family's
medical treatment as inpatients or while the service member is
being evaluated for medical discharge from the service by providing
direct case work services to include screening, assessment,
referral, consultation and education.
- Maintain the standards of the medical records in the sections
and assure that they are promptly written and acceptable in content
- Participate in the hospital's overall performance improvement
program in accordance with hospital policies and the policies of
accrediting organizations; such participation shall include
recommendation of procedures to ensure the consistency and quality
of all clinical services provided by the hospital and leadership of
monthly section meetings.
- Coordinate services for those patients who move to another
location to ensure continuity of care.
- Facilitates transfer of the case to local behavioral health
care case management resources, as appropriate.
- Evaluate the impact of diagnosis or lack of diagnosis with
unexplained chronic symptoms on individual and family systems as
well as assess patients functioning in work, family and routines of
daily living and identify areas needing continued support,
resources, and treatment in order to assist patients.
- Perform Mental Status Evaluations, History and Mental Status
Exams on assigned patients and other clinical examinations
requiring a DSM-IV diagnosis.
- Responsible for the completion of individual workload
accountability in accordance with clinic, medical treatment
facility and program requirements.
- Provide high quality, patient-centered care to psychiatric
patients seen in the Emergency Department, Inpatient Psychiatry
Unit and other patient care units at the hospital.
- Maintains psychiatric on call duties as assigned. Training and
Experience -- Possess and maintain in good standing a currently
valid and unlimited license, registration or certification to
practice medicine in the State of New York
- Possess or eligible for National Board Certification -- Possess
and maintain a currently valid DEA certification; and (v) be a
provider under the Medicare and Medicaid programs Benefits and
- Comprehensive benefits, including paid vacation time, CME, and
- An academic appointment to New York Medical College, if
- Collaboration with and support of an integrated team of
Behavioral Health professionals
- Being an integral part of the development to the dynamic and
cutting edge Telepsychiatry program Company Information The
Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a
1,700-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York,
with 10 hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of
the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and
has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level I, Level II and
Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's
hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals,
dozens of specialized institutes and centers, skilled nursing,
assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the
largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is
the preeminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson
Valley. To apply For more information about this opportunity,
contact Andrea Ruggiero, Advanced Clinical Recruiter for WMCHealth
at [Click Here to Apply] or by email to [Click Here to Apply]
WMCHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of
Westchester Medical Center Health Network to provide equal
employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age (40 or older), marital status, genetic
information or carrier status, disability (mental or physical),
citizenship status, pregnancy, military service or veteran status,
arrest or criminal accusation, domestic violence victim status or
any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: WMCHealth, New York , Inpatient Psychiatrist Westchester Medical Center-Valhalla, NY (Physic, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!