Learning Lab Program Coordinator
Company: New York City's YMCA
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers - to
empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in
1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a
million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs
and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of
the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build
stronger communities. The Staten Island - Broadway--YMCA is seeking
qualified individuals who will play a critical role in the
successful operation of in-person services at our YMCA School Day
Learning Labs located throughout Staten Island. The Program
Coordinator will be responsible for working with the Youth and
Family Director to provide oversight and support, and to ensure
quality program execution. The YMCA School Day Learning Labs
operate from 8:00am to 3:00pm, Monday-Friday, beginning in
mid-September of 2020 and ending in mid-June of 2021. Key
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the
program by providing appropriate supervision at all times.
- Report all incidents in accordance with the Y policies and
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the School Day Learning
- Assist Youth and Family Director in Group Leader and activity
staff supervision by monitoring performance; providing support,
coaching and recognition; and holding staff accountable for
- Work with Senior Counselors to plan and implement meaningful
activities, lesson plans, and special events that build level of
skill and confidence, are age-appropriate, exciting, challenging,
and values based in the areas of arts, STEM, SEL, creative
expression, community service, leadership, civic engagement,
physical fitness, and/or nutrition.
- Assume responsibility for the cleanliness and organization of
the room, program supplies, and activity space.
- Perform specific scheduled assignments, including but not
limited to: arrival and/or departure, lunch and snack duty, family
and culminating events, registration and administrative
- Support the planning and implementation of all Learning Lab
activities, including but not limited to: creating a supportive
learning environment where participants can complete their remote
- Work cooperatively with branch staff during the program
planning and implementation process.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment
that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere
that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with
learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (attendance, sign
in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, and accident
reports, as appropriate).
- Monitor and update all required staff training attendance and
certifications. Support the development and facilitation of
- Ensure that supplies and equipment are available and kept
- Fiscal contract management.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and
guardians through regular communication about their child's
strengths and areas of growth.
- Understand and communicate the YMCA's core values and the goals
of the Learning Lab to participants and caregivers.--
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings,
and special events.
Adhere to all Department of Health, Department of Education, YMCA
of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing
health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC
guidelines. Desired Skills & Experience:
- At least two years of college/university education in a program
area related to working with youth.
- At least two years of experience working with youth, preferably
in a Camp or Afterschool setting; previous supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Google Classroom/Zoom preferred.
- Must have availability to work Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to
3:00 pm. We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with
a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a
leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our
Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range
of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our
expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their
branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. How to Apply: If you
would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your
cover letter and resume with subject line "Learning Lab Program
Coordinator - Staten Island" to email@example.com --or to:
Staten Island Broadway YMCA
Attn.: Meghan Sinback
Staten Island, NY 10310 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER --- DRUGFREE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to
individuals with disabilities Continue searching for more
opportunities Employment Type - Any - Job Category - Any - Borough
- Any - Branch - Any - After School Jobs Help us keep NYC kids
safe, healthy, and on track for success this school year! Looking
for more than just a job? See why working at the Y is different. We
believe strong communities start with strong, healthy and connected
Keywords: New York City's YMCA, New York , Learning Lab Program Coordinator, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!