Speech Pathologist - Home Care Staten Island
Company: Northwell Health
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
NSUH at Manhasset - Homecare, Staten Island, NY Evaluates
communication disorders and administers therapy treatments for
patients with problems associated with hearing, speech, and
language disorders. Maintains records, monitors progress, and
counsels patients and their family members. Participates in
multidisciplinary consultations. Job Responsibility
- Performs diagnostic evaluations and speech/language screenings
for in-patients and out-patients including discharge planning.
- Documents care and maintain records as required; maintains
records on evaluations and treatments.
- Prepares treatment plans and recommendations.
- Screens and assesses patients based on diagnosis and age to
develop an individualized plan of care.
- Discusses findings and collaborates with patients/family on the
establishment of goals.
- Develops program to support performance in the home and
community environment; monitors patient response to treatment and
changes plan, as needed.
- Terminates services when maximum benefit is received and
formulates follow up plan when indicated.
- Provides treatment utilizing Speech and Language Pathology
modalities and techniques.
- Takes an active role in rehabilitation and departmental
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions. Job Qualification
- Master's Degree required, or equivalent combination of
education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Speech Pathologist in New York
State, and Current Clinical Competence - SPL (ASHA) Certification
required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required. Contact us
If you are an individual with a disability requesting an
accommodation for the application process, please click the contact
us link above to request assistance.
-- 2021 - Northwell Health
Click here to view the "EEO is the law" poster. It is Northwell
Health's policy to provide equal employment opportunity and treat
all applicants and employees equally regardless of their age, race,
creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or
citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status,
sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability,
pregnancy, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier
status, marital or familial status, partnership status, victim of
domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions,
or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Northwell Health reserves the right to amend all terms of
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Speech Pathologist - Home Care Staten Island, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!