Company: SUMMIT PARTNERS
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
- Company Address: 1498 Pacific Avenue, Suite 400, Tacoma, WA,
98402 About Sound Physicians Sound Physicians is a leading
healthcare organization with a proven track record of improving
quality, satisfaction and financial performance for its hospital
partners nationwide. Job Description Sound Physicians is a
physician-founded and led organization providing services across
the acute episode of care - through emergency medicine, critical
care, hospital medicine, population health, telemedicine and
physician advisory services. Our clinicians and business colleagues
are committed to improving outcomes for patients and hospitals
through a proven performance management model. We strive to be the
practice of choice for providers and the partner of choice for
hospitals across the country. The hospitalist coordinator works
with the site team at the hospital partner on a daily basis,
consisting of a Chief Hospitalist, Hospitalists, a Clinical
Performance Nurse and sometimes a Program Manager. They also
contribute to a larger regional team that supports hospitalist
programs across multiple states. About the Role: The Hospitalist
Coordinator is responsible for daily oversight of administrative
responsibility for the hospitalist program. The Hospitalist
Coordinator will have a visible presence and involvement with the
entire site team and multiple hospital departments including the
Medical Staff Office, community providers and specialty physicians.
This position will report to either the Program Manager or Regional
Director or VP of Operations. The Hospitalist Coordinator will work
closely with the Chief Hospitalist and Clinical Performance Nurse
(CPN) to ensure optimal performance and efficiency of the program,
and is responsible for contributing to improved workflow processes,
communications, and standards, as well as onsite initiatives for
operational, financial and clinical performance. --In this role,
- Coordinate Schedules
- Create and coordinate the Hospitalist team schedule with site
Chief and staffing coordinator with proactive 3-6 month planning,
labor/staffing mix awareness and escalation of critical staffing
- Drive internal staffing call with Chief and Staffing
coordinator, timely and appropriately follows up on scheduling
issues and/or barriers.
- Assist Chief and regional leadership team in staffing
optimization management processes with emphasis on meeting staffing
- Coordinate Physician Interview and Onboarding
- Coordinate onsite physician interviews with hospital leadership
and follows up on hiring recommendations.
- Coordinate physician orientation and facilitate all onboarding
- Assist with SoundConnect training and utilization.
- Coordinate Practice and Central Services
- Ensure physicians' shifts for payroll with 100% accuracy
including proper documentation of shifts worked and documentation
of rates as appropriate.
- Provide support for organizational Population Health activities
to include coordination with the hospital business office to verify
patient payer designation.
- Serve as a liaison between Sound and Hospital Medical Staff
Office. Ensure credentialing and provider enrollment packets are
complete and proactively follow up on missing documentation.
- Serve as a liaison between Hospital departments and the
hospitalist team. Provide information and resources as needed.
- Understand the site's requests around committee participation
and assist chief with ensuring hospitalist participation.--
- Communicate to hospitalist team key announcements and maintain
important team documents.
- Serve as a Central Office liaison for Provider Enrollment,
Billing, Payroll and Compliance teams.
- Coordinate date/time of Monthly Site Review and participate
with updates and follow up on action items.
- Perform monthly review of outstanding hospital A/R and escalate
issues related to unpaid invoices to Program Manager or Regional
Director of Operations.
- Provide support for all active service lines within the
- Provide Administrative Coordination
- Perform SoundConnect reconciliation workflows.
- Ensure accuracy with SoundConnect PCP database and
communication distribution lists.
- Provide administrative support to Chief including special
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly meetings, both within
hospitalist team and with hospital partner leadership, including
scheduling, agenda, room/material facilitation, and meeting
- Manage incoming phone calls, faxes, and mail.
- Maintain a Master team list and hospital--contacts.
- Assist hospitalist team with death certificates, home health,
DRG worksheets, and other forms completion.
- Ensure client facing materials are polished and professional
utilizing standardized Sound templates when available.
- Maintain awareness and tracking of reconciliation dates, PQI
submission dates, contract renewal timelines, and annual escalator
anniversary dates. Prompt review of information 9 months prior to
contract anniversary date. Gathers needed information for
- Develop effective relationships with hospital data owners and
collaborate with Regional Operations Manager to ensure timely
collection of data. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated
track record of a combination of these competencies, personal
attributes, knowledge, and experience:
- Communication: The ability to speak, write, and listen clearly
- Relationship Building and Maintenance: The ability to create
and nourish healthy, strong relationships among hospital partners,
dyad/triad partners, and Sound team members at all levels (C-Suite,
Sound, and Team) Strong executive presence (managing the tone,
reading/managing the room). Represents in a professional manner as
the face of Sound in a "One Sound" approach.
- Team Work: The ability to pull people together into highly
effective teams along with ability to work in a highly matrixed
- Critical Thinking: The ability to be proactive; anticipate
needs; ability to make good decisions with incomplete, ambiguous
- Negotiating: Reach consensus while maintaining positive,
- Business Development: The ability to anticipate the needs of
our internal and external partners and be responsive Personal
- Emotional Quotient: The ability to identify and manage one's
own emotions, as well as the emotions of others, using this
information to guide one's thinking and actions
- Learning Agility (Curiosity): Seeks out diverse experiences and
apply lessons learned to new challenges
- Self-Starter/Takes Initiative: Independently assesses
situations, addresses conflicts and leads action without
- Passion: Demonstrable enthusiasm for the healthcare industry
and driving quality outcomes Knowledge:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel,
- Technology competency with electronic medical record systems,
- 1-2 years of administrative support experience
- 1-2 years in customer service
- Hospital or other healthcare experience preferred Other
- Indoor office environment within a hospital
- Sitting at desk for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Working on computer for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
This job description reflects the present requirements of the
position. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the
job description will be reviewed and subject to amendment. Sound
Physicians - New York City, NY, US Senior Analyst, Business
Intelligence & Analytics
Keywords: SUMMIT PARTNERS, New York , Hospitalist Coordinator, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!