Physician / New York / Locum or Permanent / Clinical Supervisor Job
Company: Bond Health Staffing
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Clinical Supervisor Needed-Shelter SettingFull time-Multiple
positions available Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The
person filling this position is expected, under general direction,
to ensure the smooth day-to-day running and supervision of social
services staff and services in accordance with program goals,
targets, and performance outcomes and all company and program
policies, procedures, and protocols; including the following:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol &
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and company
security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and
privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Communicate effectively with clients, direct reporting staff,
peers, supervisors, and funders.
- Provide training and support to staff and team members
regarding psychoeducation, mental health assessments and other
techniques (i.e., motivational interviewing).
- Develop and implement quarterly training sessions for the
continued education and professional development of shelter
- Serve as a liaison and develop linkage agreements with other
community-based organizations and local mental health service
providers, as necessary.
- Motivate, coach and counsel direct reporting staff to
- Ensure that all direct reporting staff completes all necessary
case management documentations including housing applications, ILP,
and referrals to providers as required.
- Ensure that all client charting documentation are up-to-date
and reflect services provided such as service plans,
re-certifications and psychiatric assessments.
- Assist with the development of program content to address
residents needs related to housing, substance abuse treatment,
mental health and employment.
- Provide assistance, interventions and follow-up in regards to
critical incidents with clients.
- Encourage teamwork among direct reporting staff as well as
- Troubleshoot client and direct reporting staff program problems
and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures,
- Conduct and document one-on-on supervision of direct reporting
staff to assess and improve work performance i.e. identify training
needs, professional development etc.
- Overcome resistance to change from clients, direct reporting
staff, and supervisors/funders.
- Administer constructive discipline to direct reporting staff,
- Monitor clients' progress toward their goals (dates achieved)
and document via progress notes.
- Review all documentation related to clients' progress for
accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Review and sign time sheets.
- Prepare performance appraisals for directed reporting
- Conduct chart auditing of client files (i.e., paper and
- Ensure staff utilization of electronic database and conduct
oversight to ensure data integrity.
- Manage own time effectively and coordinate program activities
to maximize time of direct reporting staff.
- Lead and participate in administrative and staff meetings as
- Provide all required information for
weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to management
and/or to funders.
- May prepare marketing materials for the program.
- May reach out and market the program to the community in order
to recruit clients.
- May prescreen clients over the telephone for eligibility and
may schedule intake appointments.
- May conduct initial intake or assessment of clients and/or
clients' families and periodic reassessments.
- May have direct client service/program responsibilities in
addition to the above.
- May plan, coordinate and facilitate social/peer support events,
including group facilitation for clients.
- Task may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over a period of
time. MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Licensed Master's Degree in Social Work (LMSW), Licensed Mental
Health Counselor or Licensed Master's Degree in
- 2 years of supervisory experience is required
- Experience in a shelter setting is highly preferred
Keywords: Bond Health Staffing, New York , Physician / New York / Locum or Permanent / Clinical Supervisor Job, Healthcare , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!