Front Desk Representative - Dermatology
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Practice: Spring Street Dermatology
Join a fast growing, dynamic organization that focuses on providing
dermatology professionals business management services that allow
them to offer patients an exceptional healthcare experience.
NavaDerm, a BelHealth portfolio company, is a large dermatology
medical group with over 25 providers with locations in New York and
We are a Physician led organization that allows for clinical
independence with high quality standards.
We are looking for a compassionate, respectful, team player that
can provide our patients with the best care at our NYC practice
located in SoHo. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer
service skills and experience in patient care in a dermatology
If you are looking to thrive in a modern, fast paced, dermatology
office equipped with the most cutting-edge technology in NYC, then
come work with us!
The Medical Receptionist (MR) provides exemplary customer service
to all incoming patients. The person in this position is
responsible for handling front office reception and administration
duties, including welcoming and greeting patients, answering
phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing
mail. The person in this position is responsible for registering
patients all collecting all paperwork associated with patient
He/she is also responsible for coordinating with the rest of the
team to provide a timely turnaround for the patient and responding
to patient questions and concerns with a sense of urgency and
kindness, both on the telephone and in person.
- Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the
- Greeting and welcoming patients.
- Answering phone calls in a prompt and polite manner.
- Message intake for medical questions, prescription refills, and
test results. Transferring calls and inquiries to providers and
care coordinators accordingly.
- Direct all patient financial inquiries to appropriate staff in
the billing department.
- Follow office rules and regulations when it comes to visiting
- Registering new patients and updating existing patient
demographics by collecting detailed patient information, including
personal and financial.
- Entering/updating patient information in the system in a timely
and accurate manner.
- Processing medical insurance information, verifying patient
eligibility and addressing any patient questions about insurance
(liaise with Billing department as appropriate).
- Collecting payment information and saving for future balances.
- Assisting patients with completion of paperwork when necessary.
- Scheduling appointments as needed in accordance with provider
- Scanning, updating and filing medical records.
- Providing outstanding customer service to every patient.
- Informing practice manager or assistant practice manager of
waiting room wait times, patient flow, and communicating with
- Maintaining a professional and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Assisting other practice team members as needed.
- Attending all in-house training and continued education
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
- A High School Degree or GED.
- Positive, welcoming, and can-do attitude with patients and
other practice team members.
- Experience working in any high-volume/high-intensity customer
- Prefer one year of medical office experience, preferably
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Detail-oriented and a team player.
- Computer Proficiency and superior keyboarding skills
(approximately 55 wpm).
- Flexible/adaptable nature to work in a fast paced and
continuously evolving environment.
- Passion for helping others in a healthcare environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with providers, patients and
other staff members.
This position will require long shifts, weekend (will depend on
schedule necessary at facility), closing, and opening shifts. Must
Ability to sit and stand for periods of time. Heavy computer use
required. This role may require from time to time lifting heavy
objects on a regular basis, doing repetitive tasks with few breaks,
and requiring light cleaning.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or
related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or
familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic
protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: NAVADERM, New York , Front Desk Representative - Dermatology, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!