Hematologist/Oncologist, Medicine Department - Harlem Hospital - New York, New York - Full Time
Company: Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY)
Location: New York
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Hospitalist opening in New York, New York. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Physician Affiliate
Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary
groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden
the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and
vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than
diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients
because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to
recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and
promotes our health professionals' wellness.PAGNY is comprised of
over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide
services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health
system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled
professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest
level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem, located on 135th Street in
Manhattan, is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center and is recognized
for providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric
Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Our teams
provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than
83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions
annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with
Columbia University Medical Center. Responsibilities: We are
seeking a specialized candidate for the role of Hematologist. This
is a NYC Care position. The duties of the Hematologist will
- consulting with patients with hematological disorders
- prescribing medications
- creating a robust sickle cell program
- teaching medical students and residents as well as providing
consultation to other specialties.
Additionally, the Hematologist must be a good listener, who is
attentive to the concerns of patients, an excellent communicator
and proficient in hematological procedures.
The Hematologists will serve several purposes, including:
- To diagnose and treat blood disorders involving anomalies of
the blood cells, the bone marrow, and other organs that are engaged
in the synthesis of blood.
- To conduct wide-ranging research towards the prevention and the
treatment of blood disorders like, anemia, sickle-cell disease,
leukemia, and hemophilia.
- To educate and impart their expertise to medical residents,
students, other physicians, and various medical professionals.
- The Hematologists will provide consultation in both the
inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Will help develop a robust sickle cell program and to assist in
the transition of sickle cell patients from pediatrics to adult
- Will have excellent communication skills and educated in
cultural sensitivity and implicit bias.
- Will be involved in scholarly activity as related to
hematological conditions with special emphasis on sickle cell
- Medical Degree with specialization in Hematology/Oncology.
- Completion of all three parts of the US Medical Licensing
- Completion of Fellowship training in Hematology/Oncology.
- Competency in Hematology/Oncology procedures.
- Active medical license In the State of New York.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Very good teaching skills.Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student
Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverageFor more information
regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Lea Power
Carpenter, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at Opportunity Employer
M/F/D/V Share Keyphrases: hospitalist jobs
Keywords: Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY), New York , Hematologist/Oncologist, Medicine Department - Harlem Hospital - New York, New York - Full Time, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!