Underwriter - Mid-Corporate / Healthcare
Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
For more than 70 years, IDB Bank has made it our mission to be the
best bank for our clients by putting their needs first, and the
success we've enjoyed fundamentally comes down to our people. Here
at IDB, you'll work side by side with some of the most talented
professionals in the industry who share a strong sense of teamwork
and a passion for providing exceptional service down to the
smallest detail. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that
includes generous paid time off and the ability to participate in
our medical coverage and 401(k) plan on your very first day with
us. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion, and to
providing all of our team members with an equal opportunity to
succeed and make meaningful contributions within a work environment
that is respectful, welcoming and inclusive.
- Underwrite new Mid-Corporate and Healthcare lending
- Complete periodic renewals, annual credit reviews and
amendments on a timely basis for assigned borrowers.
- Monitor and report all key risks and potential deterioration in
credit quality to the underwriting manager, team leader, and group
- Prepare loan pricing models with accurate inputs relating to
the subject facility.
- Assist in reviewing loan documentation, negotiation and follow
through to the closing.
- Work closely with Relationship Managers, calling on prospective
and existing clients to identify needs, aid with new business
development and provide on-going service support as needed.
- Comply with all of the bank's and department's policies and
procedures; including completion of all required training courses
in a timely fashion.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Underwriter needs to have strong credit and organizational
skills as well as solid understanding of Corporate Banking and/or
Healthcare credit facilities (lines of credit, asset reliant loans,
and to a lesser extent cash flow loans and commercial mortgages)
with loan sizes varying from $5MM to $100MM
- Minimum experience of 4 - 7 years in Corporate Banking or
Healthcare Finance underwriting required.
- Must be able to work as part of the Middle Office team working
together with Underwriting Manager, Account Officer and Team
- Willingness to take on special projects as they arise.
- Should already be familiar with loan systems and underwriting
- Should possess strong communication skills (verbal and
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and meet tight
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working remotely. We
have implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview
applicants by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely.
We value the safety of our employees because we're all in this
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Keywords: IDB, New York , Underwriter - Mid-Corporate / Healthcare, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!