Clinical Applications Analyst I - Applications Support Team - Scientific Computing
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center
Location: New York
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Clinical Applications Analyst I - Applications Support Team -
- New York, New York
- Information Technology
- 2715128 Job Description Strength Through Diversity Ground
breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal. The
Application Support Analyst for the Scientific Computing department
assists with the overarching goal of accelerating translational
research and improving clinical care.
The Application Support Analyst has a passion for customer
satisfaction and attention to detail. This position is primarily
responsible for providing exemplary service to clients while
handling technical enquiries for REDCap, and also--for the
Scientific Computing Team's other Software Products and Services,
such as our Electronic Research Application Portal (eRAP), Data
Warehouse, Cohort Query Tool (CQT), i2b2, and other Research
Products. Specific responsibilities are outlined below:
- Provides first and second line Service Desk and Application
Support, resolving technical queries and communicating solutions
directly to stakeholders.
- Teams with other functional areas to manage the resolution of
cases that involve multiple areas of both clinical and technical
- Acts as a liaison between faculty, staff, researchers,
clinicians, and the Scientific Computing team's technical
- Monitor and respond to open tickets submitted through an
incident management system.
- Executes routine quality control testing of all site services
pertaining to application support and business continuity.
- Provides direction, documentation and training to assist in
resolving application issues.
- Interfaces regularly with internal and external customers via
on-site meetings, email, or conference calls to collect necessary
information and ensure requests are completed.
- Maintains an understanding of all supported applications from
an administrative and user perspective, directly assisting with
user account maintenance, ticket maintenance, access triage
- Track and maintain status of all tickets, providing regular
updates/follow-up, and collecting survey feedback.
- Participate in gathering user requirements and collaborate in
the creation of a Statement of Work (SOW) to resolve the
- Contribute to departmental initiatives and identification of
opportunities for process improvement.
- Improve and document the technical processes around application
support (using Confluence).
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested. Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or a
related degree, or equivalent combination of education and work
- Two years of external customer facing experience in a
healthcare and/or software support environment.
- Experience within the Healthcare data domain is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with escalated customer
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate
- Comfortable communicating application concepts to others having
diverse levels of seniority and technical competence
- Ability to multi task, prioritize work, and adapt during
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and
- Self-motivated, directed, and passionate about customer
- Experience of ITIL compliant incident, problem and change
service management is a plus.
- Basic SQL knowledge and/or knowledge of Databases/Data
Warehousing is a plus.
- Knowledge of JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, and Confluence software
is a plus.
- Experience with REDCap software is a plus. Strength Through
Diversity The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity,
equity and inclusion are drivers for excellence. We share a common
devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as
diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook
and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's
unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we
revolutionize medicine together and participate actively as a
leader within the Mount Sinai Health System by:
- Serving as the primary resource management representative of
the Mount Sinai leadership teams, committees, etc., and acting as
the primary executive leader interface between Mount Sinai and key
executives from the health systems' vendors and partners.
- Engaging with relevant thought leaders and policy-makers at the
federal and state levels, and representing the Health System as
- Using a lens of equity in establishing and promoting policies
and procedures and providing opportunities for all to thrive.
- Confronting racist, sexist or other inappropriate behavior and
challenges exclusionary organizational practices and serving as a
role model to promote anti-racist behaviors.
- Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors
among and between departments and co-workers. We work hard to
acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming,
nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We
share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or
expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care. Explore more
about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter
in our story! Who We Are Over 42,000 employees strong, the mission
of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate
patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine
through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many
diverse communities we serve. Formed in September 2013, The Mount
Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of
Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses,
including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel
Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai
West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai Morningside
(formerly Mount Sinai St. Luke's), and New York Eye and Ear
Infirmary of Mount Sinai. The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal
opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil
rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people
differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. 150 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017 Click here to view the "EEO is The Law" Poster
Mount Sinai Health System endeavors to make Mount Sinai's Career
Center accessible to any and all users. If you would like to
contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need
assistance completing the application process, please contact our
Talent Acquisition team at P: 646-605-4600 or click on the Live
Chat icon below! - LCA Notices
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York , Clinical Applications Analyst I - Applications Support Team - Scientific Computing, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!