Physical Therapy Assistant
Company: Northwell Health
Location: New Hyde Park
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionAssists in administering physical
therapy care programs; monitors and communicates patient's progress
to physical therapist and other medical/ allied health personnel.
Maintains medical records for each patient.Job Responsibility
- Administers direct patient care in accordance with the written
and signed prescription of the referring physician or other State
authorized practitioner, as directed.
- Submits required documentation in accordance with the policies
and procedures of the department.
- Maintains progress notes and discharge summaries of assigned
- Responds appropriately to established department emergency
procedures for patient safety and care when necessary.
- Participates in quality improvement chart reviews and
- May attend family meetings/conferences pertaining to the
welfare and management of assigned patients.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.Job Qualification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Current License to practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant in
New York State required, plus specialized certifications as
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Physical Therapy Assistant, Healthcare , New Hyde Park, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!