Mental Health Associate, Psychiatric Emergency Service Part-Time Nights
Company: RWJBarnabas Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility
of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to
residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and
2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of
medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced
wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac
services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the
Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion
featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a
private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby,
Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded
Emergency Department.Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized
nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and
by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019.
The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification
from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS),
Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement,
Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative
Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of
Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center
earned designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human
Rights Campaign Foundation.We are currently looking for a Mental
Health Associate to assist patients with activities of daily
living. The incumbent will provide direct care to patients under
the supervision of the RN in a safe, therapeutic manner that
preserves patient rights, respect and dignity.Responsibilities:
- Collect, label and handle specimens.
- Take and record vital signs (T,P.R, B/P) and weights. Reports
vital signs out of normal range to RN.
- Assist in identifying the need for crisis intervention.
- Participate in patient/family teaching/reinforcement regarding
illness, medication, treatments and coping techniques under the
supervision of the RN.
- Oversee and give assistance to patients with personal hygiene,
ADL, and recreational activities.
- Assist the RN with:
- Evaluating progress toward goals, and making changes as
necessary based on patient need.
- All admissions, discharges, and transfer responsibilities, as
- Complete Court run for legal process when necessary.
- Contribute to the multidisciplinary treatment plan in
discussing patient problems, and treatment plan
- Correctly comply with all national patient safety goals and
risk reduction procedures and associated policies as applicable to
scope of practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Fall Prevention Program and follow
- Document patient response to interventions according to
established policy and procedure.
- Observe changes in patient behavior, such as increasing
agitation and/or reality detachments, and report to the RN.
- Recognize when a patient may be experiencing pain and report to
- Strong interaction with patient related hospital departments,
patients, families, visitors, nursing personnel and medical
- Baccalaureate Degree in Psychology, Social Work or Health
- BLS Certification, EKG & Phlebotomy validation by the end of
Orientation (will be trained)
- Possess a minimum one (1) year experience in training or
education in the field of treatment preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication, time management and
- Experience as a Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Technician,
EMT, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, EKG Tech or equivalent; or in
a patient care setting is helpful.
RWJBarnabas Health is an
Keywords: RWJBarnabas Health, New York , Mental Health Associate, Psychiatric Emergency Service Part-Time Nights, Healthcare , Belleville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!