Registered Nurse - Float Dialysis, Bethpage and Mineola
Company: NYU Langone Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed
university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated
diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and
subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional
healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and
research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient
services.Position Summary:We have an exciting opportunity to join
our team as a Registered Nurse - Float Dialysis, Bethpage and
Mineola. In this role, the successful candidate Practices in
accordance with the American Nurses Associations (ANA) scope and
standards of nursing practice. UsesHis/her clinical expertise to
plan the delivery of safe, therapeutic, population-specific patient
care through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
With the patient and family central to the care, incorporates the
unique characteristics and needs of each patient and family member
into the care delivery process. Works collaboratively within a
multidisciplinaryHealthcare team to promote wellness and optimize
patient outcomes. Provides leadership to the team by orienting,
mentoring, and managing team members to ensure that quality care is
delivered with compassion, dignity, respect, and efficiency.
Participates in unit, departmental, and/or institutional
performance improvement initiatives that impact patient, family,
and service outcomes based on professional practice standardsJob
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Evaluates his her own nursing practice in relation to
professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes,
rules, and regulations.
- Collaborates with the healthcare consumer, family, and others
in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in the profession and the professional
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing
- Practices ethically using the Code of Ethics for Nurses with
Interpretive Statements to guide practice.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Employs strategies to promote health and a safe
- Coordinates care delivery.
- Implements the identified plan.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain expected outcomes.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
healthcare consumer or situation.Additional Position Specific
Responsibilities:Will carry 15 primary patients at Mineola and 10
Patients at BethpageMinimum Qualifications:To qualify you must have
a Diploma OR Associate s Degree Nursing. Registered Nurse
License-NYS. Current and valid BLS certification. Current and valid
ACLS and/or PALS and/or NRP, as required by population, within one
(1) year ofHire. Knowledge of standards of practice for all areas
of patient care. Excellent communication (oral and written),
organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills. Basic
computer skills.Preferred Qualifications:Bachelor s Degree Nursing.
1 - 2 years Nursing.Qualified candidates must be able to
effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.NYU
Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than
just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where youll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity
and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All
qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender
identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender
status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion,
disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental
status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor
which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment
decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you
wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Islands EEO policies, please
. Please to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit for
more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Registered Nurse - Float Dialysis, Bethpage and Mineola, Healthcare , Mineola, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!