RN - Nurse Resident, Newly licensed, full time
Company: Visiting Nurse Service of New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Provides support new Registered Nurses as they begin their nursing
career. Provides nursing care to meet the needs of the
patient/client and manages/coordinates the delivery of cost
effective multidisciplinary health care services for a caseload of
patients/clients consistent with VNSNY philosophy, policy, goals
and objectives, and Standards of Nursing Practice. Attends seminars
on applied learning topics, reflects on clinical experiences in
supportive group setting, and shares insights with peers. Works
under direct supervision.
- Participates in classroom learning activities which include
topics such as critical thinking, evidence-based best practice
assessments, care planning, and evaluation of care.
- Shadows RNs to get field experience. Reviews experiences in
- Assesses the physical, social and psychological needs and
environmental conditions of the patient/client through professional
knowledge, skills of observation, interviewing, and physical
examination to develop a plan of care.
- Understands, interprets, and implements reimbursement
protocols; determines the billing source for patient/client care.
Consults with management on complex/unique reimbursement
- Documents content and process of all services provided in
accordance with government regulations/requirements, and VNSNY
policies, practices, and procedures. Initiates and maintains
written (including clinical and progress notes) and verbal
communications with team members and management to assure optimal
- Provides nursing care in accordance with VNSNY policies,
practices, procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice, which may
require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, bending and
stretching to deliver patient/client care.
- Transports and utilizes required medical equipment and other
supplies using VNSNY designated/supplied carrying case weighing
approximately 25 - 30 lbs. to and from patient/client homes/care
- Travels to patient/clients' homes and/or other facilities with
varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care
facilities, single/multiple-family homes, presence of pets, etc.)
using approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the
- Follows work procedures in relation to established
- Maintains productivity sufficient to meet VNSNY goals.
- Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth through
attendance at in-services, training, continued formal education,
and select journal readership.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special
projects, as assigned.
Licensure: License and current registration to practice as a
registered professional nurse in New York State required. Valid
driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, may be required
as determined by operational/regional needs.Education: Degree in
Nursing from an approved program required.Experience: Recently
received RN license. No prior work experience in nursing
Keywords: Visiting Nurse Service of New York, New York , RN - Nurse Resident, Newly licensed, full time, Healthcare , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!