Company: Forestdale Inc.
Location: Forest Hills
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionBackground:Forestdale (FD) is a NYC child welfare
agency working to prevent child abuse/neglect through parenting,
prevention, and foster care (FC) services, focusing on low-income
and immigrant communities in Queens & Brooklyn. We help thousands
of families work through acute & complex trauma, parents raise the
next amazing generation of children, and youth successfully launch
into adulthood. FD's mission is "to ensure that children and
families have the fundamental assets they need to thrive and live
independently." Job SummaryThe Nurse is primarily responsible for
assessing and managing the medical needs of children assigned to
his/her caseload in the agency's foster care program. This will
entail clinical assessment, care coordination, and administrative
follow up and documentation. Additionally, s/he will provide
on-site clinical support for all children who arrive to the
agency's health facility for treatment and/or evaluation. Major
Responsibilities/Activities of this position include:
- Conducting assessments, including: HIV risk assessments, intake
assessments, general first aid and triage activities.
- Conducting screenings for: substance abuse, developmental
health, mental health and physical body checks for abuse
- Providing appropriate physical clearances (e.g. body checks)
for routine visits, home transfers, discharges, etc.
- Facilitating patient management of chronic conditions, such as
diabetes and asthma; and providing patient and caregiver
- Providing patient education on reproductive health.
- Working with behavioral health providers to support and manage
the emotional/psychiatric needs of children.
- Establishing medical treatment goals for children, utilizing
historical and current available information in collaboration with
the multi-disciplinary team.
- Educating caregivers and monitoring healthcare needs.
- Assisting pediatric providers, as needed, in clinical
- Performing EKGs
- Administering vaccines, including administrative follow up with
maintaining inventory, appropriate storage, and data entry in the
Central Immunization Registry,
- Practicing proper infection control.
- Monitoring receipt of medication notes and follow up with
clinical coordinator regarding recommendations and/or changes.
- Participating in the completion of medical procedural and
medication overrides with ACS.
- Following up after medical appointments, urgent/emergency care,
- Ensuring all ordered medications and procedures have a physical
script in each patients chart.
- Ensuring appropriate stock and surgical supplies for
- Maintaining all patient health records in various systems of
record; maintaining all documentation and data entry standards to
ensure regulatory and best practice compliance.
- Other duties as assigned Minimum Requirements
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication
- Bilingual is a plus
- Experience working in child welfare environment is a plus
- Compliance with:
- Required background checks, including: NYS Statewide Central
Register of Child Abuse/Maltreatment, NYS Sex Offender Registry,
NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services fingerprinting, NYS
Justice Center Staff Exclusion List, NYS OMIG Medicaid Exclusion
- Mandated reporter training.
- Current certification by American Red Cross (or equivalent) in
First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Applicable provisions of the NYS Education Law with respect to
hiring and retaining of licensed professionals. Benefits
- Four weeks vacation
- Medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance
- Pension plan
- 401(k), 7% employer contribution + 2% match
- Tax-deferred health care/dependent care/commuter plans
Location: 67-35 112th Street, Forest Hills, NY 11375
Keywords: Forestdale Inc., New York , Nurse, Healthcare , Forest Hills, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!