Staff Nurse LPN
Company: Spring Hills of Matawan
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to render
professional nursing care to residents; to follow facility policies
and procedures to implement treatment orders; to assess resident
treatment needs and take appropriate action; and to maintain
residents' medical records. -Essential Functions: -
- Attend work as scheduled and follow company's call-off
- Follow established standards of nursing practices in accordance
with National Standards of Practice and the State Practice Act to
implement facility policies and procedures.
- Supervise and evaluate all direct resident care provided and
initiate appropriate action as necessary.
- Obtain report from nurse being relieved and record sufficient
information to implement appropriate follow-up action as necessary
relating to the residents' treatment needs.
- Obtain report from nurse being relieved and record sufficient
information related to medication administration to implement
accurate changes to medication orders.
- Conduct resident rounds as assigned and report problems to the
Nursing Supervisor or Director of Nursing Service, and take
necessary follow-up action.
- Administer medications to residents in an accurate, timely
- Monitor residents for effectiveness of drug therapy and
occurrence of adverse effects.
- Document resident care related to medication administration,
related monitoring, effectiveness of drug therapy and occurrence of
- Notify physician, when necessary, of changes in residents'
conditions, weight, medication errors, medication not available,
- X-ray results and any other unusual observations.
- Document physician notification and follow up action(s) per
- Complete all documentation related to the resident's medication
- Follow comprehensive care plans related to medication
administration based on each resident's needs and his/her
comprehensive assessment as assigned.
- Identify safety hazards and initiate corrective action. -
- Assume responsibility for compliance with federal, State and
local regulations within the assigned unit. -
- Verify accuracy of narcotic count, check emergency kit and
- Order, receive and store medications accurately and
- Identify special nursing problems and emergency situations
quickly and initiate immediate "life-saving" measures in the
absence of a physician.
- Supervise and evaluate the implementation of Residents'
- Participate in facility educational programs including, but not
limited to, orientation, in service and nursing education, Provide
clinical supervision to nursing assistants and monitor for
completion of assigned duties.
- Instruct nursing assistants in proper, preventative safety
measures and use of adaptive equipment to meet residents'
- Use and supervise the use of equipment and supplies efficiently
and in a cost-effective manner.
- Counsel supervised staff and recommend disciplinary action to
Director of Nursing Service.
- Compile information for facility committees as instructed.
- Administer treatments according to the physician's order and
accurately record treatments administered and weekly progress
- Be responsible for the safety of residents under his/her
- Document resident care provided and resident's response or lack
of response to treatment provided.
- Assess and report changes in resident's condition including
development of decubitus to physician, Charge Nurse, Nursing
Supervisor, Director of Nursing Service and take follow up action
- Assess each resident's skin condition weekly, and as necessary,
including stage, size (measurements), sites, depth, color, drainage
and odor of each condition.
- Assist with admission/transfer and discharge of residents as
necessary and as assigned by the Director of Nursing Service.
- Complete admission/transfer and discharge documentation.
- Perform basic nursing skills.
- Obtain physicians' orders and any revisions for treatments as
- Assess resident needs and initiate development of
individualized care plans.
- Review and update resident care plans as necessary and as
- Provide direct resident care, in addition to treatment, as
- Give daily instruction to Nursing Assistants regarding care
related to treatment.
- Assume Quality Assurance duties as assigned.
- Provide Charge Nurse coming on duty with concise, accurate
- Consistently work cooperatively with residents, nursing
personnel, physicians, families, consultant personnel, community
agencies and ancillary personnel.
- Establish a therapeutic relationship with the resident and
- Keep the resident and family informed about nursing care
- Listen to resident, family or physician complaints and initiate
corrective action and report special problems to his/her
- Render immediate assistance to any resident in need.
- Supervise the answering of resident call lights.
- Follow facility Residents' Rights policies.
- Adhere to Corporate Compliance Program Code of Conduct and
policies and procedures. -
- Attend Corporate Compliance Program inservicing as
- Comply with facility policies and procedures against
discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Protect the privacy of resident Protected Health
- Protect the confidentiality and security of all resident and
facility information. -Non-Essential Functions: -
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the
prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the
achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all
associates, customers, vendors, clients.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hills PASL,
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Experience and Education:
Current and valid New Jersey L.P.N. License with no present or
prior restrictions and/or suspensions, and have not had any other
professional license suspension and/or been revoked from practice.
A minimum of one (1) years of nursing experience, preferably in
geriatrics. Physical Requirements: Standing (1/3-2/3), walking
(1/3-2/3), using hands to finger, handle or feel (over 2/3), reach
with hands and arms (over 2/3), climb and balance (under 1/3),
stoop, kneel (under 1/3), talk or hear (over 2/3), taste or smell
(under 1/3). Lifting up to 10 pounds (1/3 - 2/3), Up to 25 pounds
(under 1/3); Up to 50 pounds (under 1/3); up to 100 pounds (under
1/3), more than 100 pounds (none) -
Keywords: Spring Hills of Matawan, New York , Staff Nurse LPN, Healthcare , Matawan, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!