Physician Assistant - Bellevue - Cardiology
Company: NYU Langone Health
Location: New York
Posted on: June 25, 2022
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation's
top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of
Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who
have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the
lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health,
the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to
improving the human condition through medical education, scientific
research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to
med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed,
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Physician
Assistant-Affiliate - Cardiology - Bellevue.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for
provision, coordination, and assurance of comprehensive medical
care using sound medical knowledge and pertinent standards of care,
performance of therapeutic, corrective, and prescriptive measures
on the designated inpatient or outpatient population, assume
delegatory responsibilities assigned by supervising physician
privileged as Medical Staff of NYU Medical Center.
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and
objectives of the institution, department and clinical
- Educates patient and family to facilitate and promote healthy
adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Evaluates treatment and health care plans for effectiveness and
modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Performs delegated clinical duties effectively and
- Practices as a member of the allied health staff according to
the rules and regulations of the Medical Staff and bylaws as
outlined in the delineation of privileges.
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and
occupational therapy, and home health services per practice
- Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications according to
New York State law, including controlled substances with DEA
- Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to
perform responsibilities.Membership in professional specialty
- Previously demonstrated ability to facilitate group processes
and work cohesively and collaboratively as member of the
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective
communication skills, creative problem solving and excellent
critical thinking skills.
- Previous experience as a physician assistant or physician
assistant fellowship experience is preferred.
- At least 2 years of clinical rotation in various medical,
surgical and other specialty areas.
- Coordinates implementation of clinical research studies or
clinical trials, including patient screening, enrollment and data
- Monitors and trends the cost effectiveness of the position,
particularly as it relates to the efficiency and performance
indicators established for the service.
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of
research protocols when applicable.
- Works collaboratively with nursing and other disciplines in the
development and implementation of clinical studies within the area
- Uses evidence-based health care literature to advise and
support appropriate practice changes within the designated
- Participates in the development and monitoring of patient
outcomes per established practice protocols for purposes of quality
and performance improvement.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of
peers and other health professionals.
- Maintains PA board certification.
- Maintains annual CME requirement for re-appointment and
- Maintains current expertise in area of practice.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional
physician assistant practice standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's Core Values and
incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.
- Facilitates patients throughput and efficient process during
patients admission and discharge.
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of
services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the
nursing staff responsible for the patients care in the hospital
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain
timely and appropriate communication with family members, house
staff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Participates in the development and revision of
interdisciplinary and hospital standards, patient and family
education materials as relevant to area of practice and
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including
the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic
plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and
to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols,
pathways, and other means.
- Physician Assistant Bachelor's Degree (BA-PA).
- NCCPA Board Certification.
- ACLS, PALS, NRP Provider (Neonatal Resuscitation Program), NALS
per delineation of privileges.
- Membership in pertinent professional organizations
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with
all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies,
please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is
the law" poster or visit
more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Physician Assistant - Bellevue - Cardiology, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!