Cyto Laboratory Coordinator - Anatomic Pathology (MSH) - Full time
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center
Location: New York
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made
Department of Anatomic Pathology (MSH) - Req Number: 2669698
Job Title: Cyto Laboratory Coordinator - Anatomic Pathology - Full
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Cyto Laboratory Coordinator prepares slides of cellular
specimens, completes initial screening and assists pathologists as
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates cytologic material for the diagnosis of established
pathogenesis and signs out negative GYN (PAP) smears.
2. Evaluates non-GYN material for the diagnosis of pathologic
3. Applies expertise in technologies toward teaching and clinical
diagnostic purpose, devises new procedures and techniques.
4. Performs data gathering and entering of diagnosis and other data
into a computer application.
5. Maintains equipment in working order and troubleshoots equipment
6. Maintains records and documentation of quality control and
laboratory test results, implements corrective action when
tolerance limits are exceeded.
7. Assists at FNA procedures informing the radiologist of the
adequacy of the materials aspirated.
8. Accessions laboratory specimens.
9. Prepares non-GYN specimens utilizing special techniques.
10. Prepares thin layer preparations for GYN and non-GYN
11. Stains, coverslips and labels specimens.
12. Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents; orders same as
13. Follows laboratory and personnel safety guidelines.
14. Follows institutional guidelines.
15. Apprises supervisor of any problems that are beyond own
knowledge and expertise.
16. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor of Science, major in Biological Science
All Cytotechnologists must have graduated from an approved school
of cytotechnology accredited by CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation
of Allied Health Education Programs) or a HHS (Health and human
services) accredited school, or meet the other requirements under
CLIA'88(Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments).
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common
devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us,
you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement,
education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We invite you to participate actively as a part of the Mount Sinai
Health System team by:
* Using a lens of equity in all aspects of patient care delivery,
education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow
opportunities for all to thrive and reach their potential.
* Serving as a role model confronting racist, sexist, or other
inappropriate actions by speaking up, challenging exclusionary
organizational practices, and standing side-by-side in support of
colleagues who experience discrimination.
* Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors
among and between departments and co-workers.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people and to create an
inclusive, welcoming and nurturing work environment where all feel
they are valued, belong, and are able to professionally advance. We
share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or
expertise, contribute to the patient experience and quality of
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a
new chapter in our history!
Who We Are
Over 42,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health
System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless
coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education,
research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines
the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with
seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount
Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount
Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai
Morningside (formerly Mount Sinai St. Luke's), and New York Eye and
Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides equal employment
opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment
without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their actual or
perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex,
gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, disability,
marital or parental status, sexual orientation, veteran,
immigration, citizenship, or other protected status.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York , Cyto Laboratory Coordinator - Anatomic Pathology (MSH) - Full time, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!