Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Cranford Park Rehabilitation
Posted on: June 25, 2022
LPN Job DescriptionSummary:Cranford Park is in search of an
experienced LPN Nurse to join our team. This individual will
organize and assign all jobs to be done on shift so that the work
load is evenly divided among their staff, pass medications at the
appropriate times, and care for the clinical nursing needs of
residents on assigned unit.Responsibilities:
- Support the facility's philosophy of care and strive to achieve
its goals and objectives.
- Be sensitive to residents' families and respond in an
appropriate professional way as the situation requires.
- Assign all aides to residents, spelling out break times and all
special duties to be completed.
- Supervise all aides in performing their duties by checking
their work closely to ascertain that assignments have been
- Administer all parenteral, intramuscular, and sub-cutaneous
- Make daily rounds on the wing to ensure that individual Care
Plans are being followed and assess each resident's status in
accord with his/her Care Plan.
- Assist in updating the Care Plan every 30-90 days depending on
the resident's condition.
- Participate in staff meetings in order to keep staff
performance at optimum level.
- Administer or supervise all treatments prescribed by physician
such as: decubitis care, Foley catheter care, hot and cold
compounds, intravenous care, etc.
- Personally receive or place calls to physicians and transcribe
all physician's orders.
- Administer all medications. Maintain a current and annual
report of narcotics received and used.
- Daily review the documentation of dispensing controlled
substances and narcotics.
- Order and give all new medications and chart same when done
using the EMR system.
- Direct charting during shift and make monthly detailed
evaluation of all resident charting so that charts reflect progress
and condition of residents in the EMR system.
- Be responsible for well-being and nursing care of all residents
assigned to his/her unit while on duty. Contact families regarding
significant decline in resident's status or transfer to hospital
documenting contact in the EMR.
- Make rounds and observe individual residents who are
experiencing episodes of acute illness, deterioration in health
status, recent injury, recovering from surgery, etc., so as to be
acquainted with the resident's status, both physically and
emotionally and to ascertain that the staff is rendering proper
- Supervise serving of prescribed diets and fluid intake and
report persistent unresolved problems to the DON.
- Prepare incident/accident reports, events and
- Ensure that a copy of the medical records or an abstract of
them are forwarded with the transfer of residents to a hospital or
other health care facility.
- Assure that work/assignment areas are clean and free of
hazardous conditions, i.e. spills, excess carts, etc. and that
equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored while working,
as well as before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and
end of the work day.
- Assure that established infection control and universal
precaution practices are maintained when performing nursing
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and
when using equipment and supplies.
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident information and honor
his/her personal and property rights.
- Attend nursing department, Care Plan, and other meetings as
directed by the DON or ADON.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the DON, ADON, or
the Administrator.Qualifications:1. Must be a graduate of an
accredited school of nursing and hold a current LPN License for New
Jersey State2. Must have working knowledge of general nursing.3.
Must be qualified to assume the position by training and /or
previous experience of a supervisory status, preferably in a
nursing home facility.4. Must possess the ability to make
independent decisions and mature judgments.5. Must have the ability
and the willingness to supervise and work harmoniously and
professionally with other personnel.6. Must have excellent written
and verbal communication skills
Related keywords: lpn, licensed practical nurse, lpn nurseJob Type:
Keywords: Cranford Park Rehabilitation, New York , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Cranford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!