Nurse Practitioner - Headache Medicine, Neurology Associates (E 41st St)
Company: NYU Langone Health
Location: New York
Posted on: June 25, 2022
is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175
years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of
physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of
medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An
integral part of , the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is
committed to improving the human condition through medical
education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more
information, go to -, and interact with us on -, -, -, -, - -and
-.Position Summary:We have an exciting opportunity to join our team
as a Nurse Practitioner - Headache Medicine, Neurology Associates
(E 41st St). In this role, the successful candidate will be
responsible for the provision, coordination, and assurance of
comprehensive nursing care using nursing process and pertinent
standards of care, the diagnosis of illness and physical
conditions, and performance of therapeutic, corrective, and
prescriptive measures of the designated outpatient patient
population within a collaborative practice agreement established
with a specific physician on the staff of NYU Hospitals CenterJob
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and
to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols,
pathways, and other means.
- Monitors and trends the cost effectiveness of the position,
particularly as it relates to the efficiency and performance
indicators established for the service.
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of
research protocols when applicable.
- Works collaboratively with nursing and other disciplines in the
development and implementation of clinical studies within the area
- Uses evidence-based health care literature to advise and
support appropriate practice changes within the designated
- Participates in the development and monitoring of patient
outcomes per established practice protocols for purposes of quality
and performance improvement.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of
peers and other health professionals.
- Maintains current expertise in area of practice.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical
and managerial role.
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and
cultural groups in all patient care.
- Evaluates treatment and health care plans for effectiveness and
modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Practices as a member of the allied health staff according to
the rules and regulations of the Medical Staff and bylaws as
outlined in the delineation of privileges.
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and
occupational therapy, and home health services per practice
- Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications according to
New York State law, including controlled substances with DEA
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician, consulting
physician(s), and other disciplines to identify, develop, and
implement an appropriate plan of care that maximizes individual
patient/family preference and enhances quality, access, and
- Formulates the plan of care, along with the attending
physician, patient and family, based on expected goals of care and
length of stay.
- Orders customary laboratory, radiological and diagnostic
studies per practice protocols, differentiates between
normal/abnormal findings and follows protocols for abnormal
findings, which may include referral to consulting physicians per
customary pattern of the attending MD or with the collaborating
- Performs complete health history, physical examination and
psychosocial assessment of patients within the designated practice
or clinical unit.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional
nursing standards and regulations of relevant outside
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards
and incorporates them into the performance of
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of
services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the
nursing staff responsible for the patients care in the hospital
- Works collaboratively with nursing leadership to ensure timely
communications with the nursing staff.
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain
timely and appropriate communication with family members,
housestaff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Participates in the development and revision of
interdisciplinary and nursing standards, patient and family
education materials as relevant to area of practice and
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including
the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic
plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with
family members.Minimum Qualifications:To qualify you must
haveLicensure: Current registration as Professional Nurse in New
York and Registration as Nurse Practitioner in New York.Education:
Master's Degree in Nursing; Board Certification -as an Adult or
Family Nurse Practitioner; BLSRequired Licenses: Registered Nurse
License-NYS, Nurse Practitioner-NYS, Registered Nurse License-NYS,
Nurse Practitioner-NYSPreferred Qualifications:At least five years
of clinical nursing practice in the care of the patient population
served; ability to apply nursing process toward achievement of
specific outcomes in an organized fashion, which addresses
patient/family safety and satisfaction. Previous experience as a
nurse practitioner is preferred. Evidence of excellent
interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, creative
problem solving and excellent critical thinking and leadership;
previously demonstrated ability to facilitate group processes and
work cohesively and collaboratively as member of the
interdisciplinary team; Effective change agent. Physical stamina,
manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform
responsibilities. Membership in professional specialty
organizations desirableQualified candidates must be able to
effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.NYU
Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than
just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity
and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All
qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender
identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender
status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion,
disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental
status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor
which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment
decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you
wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please
. Please to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit for
more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Nurse Practitioner - Headache Medicine, Neurology Associates (E 41st St), Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!