Laboratory Technician, Chemistry
Company: SGS North America
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company Description SGS is the global leader and innovator in
inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in
quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries
and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and
laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by
assuring quality and safety of products and services.Trusted all
over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion,
pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas.
We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will
be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job
- The Technician, Laboratory, CP, under general supervision
performs routine laboratory tests to determine the performance,
chemical and/or physical composition of consumer products.Job
- Works under general supervision to perform the following job
- Performs routine laboratory testing, following relevant company
s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP s) and methods. Validate
performance on methods as required.
- Test to applicable standards (ASTM, CSPA, ISO, SSC, etc.) and
customer specific protocols.
- Under supervision, develop, write, review, perform and validate
test methods, laboratory SOPs, and other department level operating
and quality documents.
- Ensure compliance with all required local and federal safety
processes and procedures.
- May assist in limited internal support to marketing, sales,
customer service and laboratory operations regarding test, report
and other technical information.
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits and enforces a clean
- Perform general upkeep and housekeeping of the laboratory
- Accurately complete and maintain all laboratory reports.
- May also have prep or field responsibilities, as required by
- May be required to receive, sort, log client samples into the
data base, and prepare sample labels.
- May be required to archive, return, or dispose of client
samples as per established procedure.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly Quality Assurance/Quality
Control checks on equipment.
- Assist in keeping inventory of laboratory chemicals and
equipment necessary for the day to day functioning of the
laboratory and in compiling list of supplies to be ordered when
- Assists in calibration / verification tasks and other ISO 17025
- Ensure all personal protective equipment (PPE) relevant for
tasks is worn at all times.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications Education and
- Associate degree or higher in relevant SBU field in science OR
equivalent combination of education and experience (Required)
- 1-3 years working in relevant SBU industrial/lab/field setting
with experience following strict safety standards
(Required)Licenses and Certifications
- none (Required)Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Language Skills: Intermediate (Preferred)
- Mathematical Skills: Intermediate (Preferred)
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate (Preferred)
- Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral
- Ability to work independently under direct supervision
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations. (Preferred)
- Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are
accurate and completed with the required timeframe.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word) -
Intermediate user proficiency (Preferred)Physical Demands of the
- Move or traverse:
- Use hands:
- Reach with hands and arms:
- Climb or balance:
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl:
- Lift/carry/push or pull: Frequently 50 lbsAdditional
Information SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required.This job description should not be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements,
but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein
restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.If you are applying for a
position within the United States and you have difficulty
completing the on-line employment application because of a
disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You
will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for
general employment information, but is only for individuals who are
experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a
Keywords: SGS North America, New York , Laboratory Technician, Chemistry, Healthcare , Fairfield, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!