Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Part-time Nights
Company: NYU Langone Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed
university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated
diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and
subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional
healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and
research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient
services.Position Summary:We have an exciting opportunity to join
our team as a Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Part-time Nights. In
this role, the successful candidate Practices in accordance with
the American Nurses Association's (ANA) scope and standards of
nursing practice. Uses his/her clinical expertise to plan the
delivery of safe, therapeutic, population-specific patient care
through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. With
the patient and family central to the care, incorporates the unique
characteristics and needs of each patient and family member into
the care delivery process. Works collaboratively within a
multidisciplinary Healthcare team to promote wellness and optimize
patient outcomes. Provides leadership to the team by orienting,
mentoring, and managing team members to ensure that quality care is
delivered with compassion, dignity, respect, and efficiency.
Participates in unit, departmental, and/or institutional
performance improvement initiatives that impact patient, family,
and service outcomes based on professional practice standards.Job
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
healthcare consumer or situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan.
- Coordinates care delivery.
- Employs strategies to promote health and a safe
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Practices ethically using the Code of Ethics for Nurses with
Interpretive Statements to guide practice.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Demonstrates leadership in the profession and the professional
- Collaborates with the healthcare consumer, family, and others
in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Evaluates his her own nursing practice in relation to
professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes,
rules, and regulations.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.Minimum
Qualifications:To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree in
Nursing required for employees hired after 9/1/2020 (those who were
hired prior to 9/1/2020 are grandfathered). Registered Nurse
License-NYS. Current and valid BLS certification. Current and valid
ACLS and/or PALS and/or NRP, as required by population, within one
(1) year of Hire. Knowledge of standards of practice for all areas
of patient care. Excellent communication (oral and written),
organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills. Basic
computer skills.. Required Licenses: Registered Nurse
License-NYSPreferred Qualifications:1 - 2 years of experience in
Nursing.Qualified candidates must be able to effectively
communicate with all levels of the organization.NYU Langone
Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a
place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of,
an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and
your talents.NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity
and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All
qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender
identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender
status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion,
disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental
status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor
which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment
decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you
wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO policies,
please . Please to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or
visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice,
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Part-time Nights, Healthcare , Mineola, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!