Physical Therapist Assistant
Company: ArchCare the Continuing Care Community
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Staff Physical Therapist Assistant assumes full-time
clinical responsibilities in this facility. This is a professional
position with the primary responsibility of direct patient care
under the supervision of a Physical Therapist. Responsibilities
EEvery effort has been made to keep your job description as
complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The
omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical
assignment to the position.
- Provides clinical services as a Licensed Physical Therapist
Assistant to appropriate residents under physician's orders.
- Reports to the Physical Therapist information relating to the
patient's progress, complication, and/or response to
- Assist Physical Therapist in performing procedures, test and
complex treatments to ensure the safe, effective evaluation and
treatment of patients.
- Assumes responsibility for continued professional growth and
development, by participating in continuing education programs, and
other appropriate learning experiences.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient, facility, and
- Maintains accurate billing information in accordance with
procedures on a daily basis.
- Attends and participates in interdisciplinary meetings as
appropriate to relay clinical findings and recommendations to other
members of the rehab team.
- Attends and participates in family meetings as
- Adheres to documentation requirements of Rehabilitation
department and the facility.
- Conducts staff training/education as appropriate via formal and
informal in-services and consultations.
- Practice -Physical Therapy -consistent with state practice act,
and the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics and
-Standards of Practice. Use the links below to access:
- Reviews and follows the policies and procedures outlined by the
facility and Rehab Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Acts as a clinical instructor for Physical Therapist Assistant
students who are engaged in their clinical internships.
- Supervises non-professional staff as appropriate. Team
- Effectively communicates with staff to accomplish goals and
- Creates a work atmosphere that promotes cooperation, respect,
flexibility and teamwork amongst peers and staff. Safety and
- Maintains infection control standards
- Follow all established safety procedures and precautions when
- Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to the program
manager as soon as possible.
- Report all unsafe/hazardous conditions to the program manager
immediately. Customer Service:
- Maintains an adequate liaison with families, residents and
- Demonstrates awareness, respect and concern for internal
customers (coworkers) and external customers (i.e. patients,
residents, families, physicians, referral sources) Residents'
- Maintains CONFIDENTIALITY of all resident care information to
assure resident rights are protected.
- Assures that the resident's rights to fair and equitable
treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and
civil rights, including the right to wage complaints, are
- Observes rules, policies and regulations with regard to
attendance, punctuality, appearance and professional attitude as
established by the facility.
- Due to the nature of the industry, many of our programs offer
seven (7) day a week services. Accordingly, you may be asked to
work weekends as part of your scheduled workweek.
- You may on occasion be asked to provide coverage at a nearby
skilled nursing facility due to staffing constraints and/or
- Conforms to the HIPAA Compliance Program and applicable
facility policies for patient privacy.
- Conforms to the facility's policies and procedures. Physical:
- Able to Stand times (2) plus hours without interruptions or
- Able to push, pull, move, and or lift a minimum of 50 pounds to
a minimum of 4 feet or carry 50 lbs. a minimum of 2 feet.
- Must be able to perform all patient transfers, (including stand
pivot, 2 person, sliding board, Hoyer Lift, non-weight bearing)
safety and effectively with or without mechanical devices.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently
throughout the day.
- Must be able to assist with the evacuation of residents during
- Must pass Medical and Physical examination based on job
qualifications, requirements and duties/responsibilities.
- Must have the willingness to work with severely physically,
emotionally and cognitively compromised residents and
- Must be able to take direction from registered therapist and
other team members to promote patient treatment and safety.
- Must be willing to work in an environment with risk of personal
injury, exposure to infectious waste/materials, infectious
diseases, and odors.
- Must be able to cope with the emotional stress associated with
working with patients, families and
- Must be able to work independently with periodic (daily or
less) support and direction. Cognitive:
- Must be alert and attentive to patients and work environment
- Must be able to shift attention and task performance based on
patient and facility requirements.
- Must be able to work in a distractible and stimulating
- Must be able to read, understand, and comply with all facility
based policy procedures.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
Qualifications The Physical Therapist Assistant must have:
Associates Degree in Physical Therapy, Current license in the
state, excellent oral and written communication skills and
knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance with state and
federal regulations related to environment of treatment.
Keywords: ArchCare the Continuing Care Community, New York , Physical Therapist Assistant, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!