Registered Nurse (RN) - Admissions Nurse w/ Bonus
Company: Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation
Location: Glen Cove
Posted on: September 25, 2022
*RN ADMISSION NURSE**Glen Cove Center for Nursing and
Rehabilitation is looking for an RN Admission Nurse**The hours of
this position are 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm (Monday - Friday)**We are
offering a Sign-on Bonus!* The Admission Nurse is responsible for
admitting all new patients to the facility while ensuring the
nursing operational standards of the facility are met. LTC/STR
experience MDS language knowledge Good Assessment Skills Required *
Must have strong communication skills.
* Comply with all state requirements and facility policies,
procedures and standards of conduct.
* Have the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing
care according to the individualized needs.
* Communicates and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and
* Completes all paperwork for the Nursing Admission Assessment.
* Enters all data into Electronic Medical Record.
* Obtains orders from MD and ensures accuracy of Admission Orders
* Completes the Admission Nursing Note.
* Completes the Fall Risk Assessment and interventions care plans
as indicated (sensors, alarms, etc).
* Completes the Pressure Ulcer Risk Assessment / Braden Scale. If
high risk ensures all preventative measures are implemented.
* Obtain consents: Pneumovax / Flu and places in the patients'
* Ensures Initial/Interim Care plans are put in place. Fall Risk,
Skin Alt-Potential, Pain-specific resident conditions (pressure
ulcer, post-op, infection, etc).
* Administers 1st dose of PPD within 24 hrs and records on
Immunization Record and Med sheet.
* Ensures all paperwork for the admission is complete and signed
* Ensures that all follow-up consults are created for the Unit
Secretary to schedule in a timely fashion.
* Reports to the RN Supervisor on duty. *QUALIFICATIONS*: * Current
* Reliable transportation and demonstrate excellent work ethic.
* Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and
organizational skills. *EXPERIENCE: * Experienced or newly licensed
applicants welcome. Job Type: Full-time Benefits:
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Acute care
* Long term care
* Rehabilitation center
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday Work Location: One location
Keywords: Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, New York , Registered Nurse (RN) - Admissions Nurse w/ Bonus, Healthcare , Glen Cove, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!