Nurse Practitioner - Dermatology, Trinity Center
Company: NYU Langone Health
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation's
top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of
Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who
have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the
lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health,
the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to
improving the human condition through medical education, scientific
research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to
med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed,
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.Position Summary:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse
Practitioner - Dermatology, Trinity Center.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the
provision, coordination, and assurance of comprehensive nursing
care using nursing process and pertinent standards of care, the
diagnosis of illness and physical conditions, and performance of
therapeutic, corrective, and prescriptive measures of the
designated inpatient or outpatient patient population within a
collaborative practice agreement established with a specific
physician on the staff of NYU Hospitals CenterJob
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and
to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols,
pathways, and other means.
- Monitors and trends the cost effectiveness of the position,
particularly as it relates to the efficiency and performance
indicators established for the service.
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of
research protocols when applicable.
- Works collaboratively with nursing and other disciplines in the
development and implementation of clinical studies within the area
- Uses evidence-based health care literature to advise and
support appropriate practice changes within the designated
- Participates in the development and monitoring of patient
outcomes per established practice protocols for purposes of quality
and performance improvement.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of
peers and other health professionals.
- Maintains current expertise in area of practice.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical
and managerial role.
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and
cultural groups in all patient care.
- Evaluates treatment and health care plans for effectiveness and
modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Practices as a member of the allied health staff according to
the rules and regulations of the Medical Staff and bylaws as
outlined in the delineation of privileges.
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and
occupational therapy, and home health services per practice
- Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications according to
New York State law, including controlled substances with DEA
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician, consulting
physician(s), and other disciplines to identify, develop, and
implement an appropriate plan of care that maximizes individual
patient/family preference and enhances quality, access, and
- Formulates the plan of care, along with the attending
physician, patient and family, based on expected goals of care and
length of stay.
- Orders customary laboratory, radiological and diagnostic
studies per practice protocols, differentiates between
normal/abnormal findings and follows protocols for abnormal
findings, which may include referral to consulting physicians per
customary pattern of the attending MD or with the collaborating
- Performs complete health history, physical examination and
psychosocial assessment of patients within the designated practice
or clinical unit.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional
nursing standards and regulations of relevant outside
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards
and incorporates them into the performance of
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of
services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the
nursing staff responsible for the patients care in the hospital
- Works collaboratively with nursing leadership to ensure timely
communications with the nursing staff.
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain
timely and appropriate communication with family members,
housestaff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Participates in the development and revision of
interdisciplinary and nursing standards, patient and family
education materials as relevant to area of practice and
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including
the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic
plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with
family members.Minimum Qualifications:
To qualify you must haveLicensure: Current registration as
Professional Nurse in New York and Registration as Nurse
Practitioner in New YorkEducation: Master's Degree in Nursing;
Board Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner; BLSRequired
Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS, Nurse
At least five years of clinical nursing practice in the care of the
patient population served; ability to apply nursing process toward
achievement of specific outcomes in an organized fashion, which
addresses patient/family safety and satisfaction. Previous
experience as a nurse practitioner is preferred. Evidence of
excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills,
creative problem solving and excellent critical thinking and
leadership; previously demonstrated ability to facilitate group
processes and work cohesively and collaboratively as member of the
interdisciplinary team; Effective change agent. Physical stamina,
manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform
responsibilities. Membership in professional specialty
organizations desirableQualified candidates must be able to
effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies,
please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is
the law" poster or visit
more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New
York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The
salary range for the role is $121,000.00 - $151,500.00 Annually.
Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including
experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary
range or contractual rate listed does not include
bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Nurse Practitioner - Dermatology, Trinity Center, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!