Ambulatory Care Nurse - **IVF**
Company: NYU Langone Health - Symphony Talent
Location: New York
Posted on: January 26, 2023
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked
medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has
trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to
shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of
countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the
Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving
the human condition through medical education, scientific research,
and direct patient care. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity,
and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where
our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all
identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and
individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go
to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor,
Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.Position Summary:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Ambulatory
Care Nurse - **IVF**.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for
carrying out patient care responsibilities with emphasis on
decision-making related to the steps in the nursing process to
include assessment, diagnosis, identification of expected outcomes,
planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides competent, safe
and compassionate care based on established NYULH Patient Care and
Nursing Standards. As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare
team, formulates the initial plan of care with the provider
(physicians or nurse practitioner) and collaborates with them to
implement a comprehensive patient centered plan of care to achieve
expected outcomes.Job Responsibilities:
- Participates in center-based quality and performance
improvement program consistent with service and departmental
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and
cultural groups in all patient care activities.
- Educates the patient and family to facilitate and promote
healthy adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Evaluates the patients progress toward attainment of expected
- Implements interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain
- Participates in designated activities related to standards and
regulations of relevant outside agencies.
- Provides emergency care in accordance with the Centers
- Participates in quality improvement programs and activities
that promote patient, family/caregiver, physician and staff
- Utilizes resources to meet individual learning needs and
promote professional development in clinical practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the NYULH Service Standards and
incorporates into the performance of responsibilities.
- Identifies expected outcomes and anticipates unexpected or
adverse outcomes as individualized to the patient.
- Participates in clinical inquiry and activities to foster an
- Serves as a support and resource for nursing staff and
- Collaborates with the members of the interdisciplinary team and
promotes collegial relationships.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnoses.
- Maintains an awareness of current evidence-based practices and
uses research data applicable to patient care.
- Engages in self-assessment and participates in activities to
promote own professional growth and development.
- Participates in coordination of unit activities to provide
patient care in a healing, humane and caring environment.
- Collects patient healthcare data systematically and, on an
on-going basis, using appropriate assessment techniques and
- Supports the missions, philosophy, standards, goals and
objectives of the institution, Departments of Nursing, and service
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competence to
Additional Position Specific Responsibilities:
Will be responsible for chart prep from remote location for
analysis of patient readiness for treatment cycle. Will encompass
review of patient plan of care, checklist, medication teaching and
other concerns for patient management.Minimum Qualifications:
To qualify you must have a A Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is
highly preferred; a Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing
requires a minimum of one year experience in conjunction with plans
to earn a baccalaureate degree required. Current Registered
Professional Nurse in New York licensure is required. BCLS is also
required. Emergency room or critical care nursing experience and
membership in pertinent professional organizations preferred.
Membership in pertinent professional organization preferred. Fluent
written and spoken English language skills necessary. Physical
stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform
responsibilities needed also required..
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS, Basic Life Support
ACLS certification.Qualified candidates must be able to effectively
communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies,
please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is
the law" poster or visit
more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click
here.NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the
New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The
salary range for the role is $91,500.00 - $111,150.00 Annually.
Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including
experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary
range or contractual rate listed does not include
bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation
Keywords: NYU Langone Health - Symphony Talent, New York , Ambulatory Care Nurse - **IVF**, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!