Pharmacist (Part Time)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career,
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care through
integrated drug distribution and clinical services ensuring the
safe and effective utilization of medications. The Pharmacist is
responsible for the dispensing and monitoring of medication therapy
in accordance with all applicable regulations and standards.
Responsibilties: A Day in the Life of a Pharmacist at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Complies with and enforces all state and federal regulations
and HMH and site-specific policies and procedures relating to all
aspects of pharmaceutical care and medication management.
- Responsible for the review and verification of all medications
prior to dispensing from the pharmacy department. This review
includes, but is not limited to, allergies, polypharmacy, drug-drug
interactions, drug-food interactions, and clinical appropriateness.
Appropriate communication with the provider will occur if
- Responsible for the oversight of dispensing, chain of custody,
and accountability of controlled dangerous substances.
- Appropriate handling of investigational drugs at sites where
- Adheres to USP 795, 797, and 800 standards in accordance with
current regulatory standards for sterile and nonsterile compounding
and hazardous drugs.
- Responsible for the oversight of all activities of ancillary
personnel (Pharmacy Technicians and Assistant/Couriers).
- Employs principles of safe medication best practices as
recommended by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices, Joint
Commission and outlined in HMH guidelines, policies and
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.)
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or
primary caregiver(s) at their level (developing/age, educational,
- Provides pharmacological information by researching and
answering questions and requests of other healthcare
- Actively participates in pharmacy clinical initiatives
including, but not limited to, renal dose adjustments, IV to PO
conversions, pharmacokinetic dosing, antibiotic stewardship, opioid
stewardship, etc. Pharmacists are available for patient counseling
- Responsible for training pharmacy staff and residents in all
areas of pharmacy practice, including the location of medication
management resources and guidelines. Accountable for educating
pharmacy students and interns while on rotation.
- Responsible for completing network and departmental
competencies, and licensing and certification requirements.
- Performs or oversees assigned unit inspections to assure
adherence to medication management standards, including the
appropriate storage and security of medications.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational standards of behavior. Shift
Rotating shift of 2:30pm - 11:00pm or 3:30pm - 12:00am
Every Other Weekend required
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduate of an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy, or
equivalent, with a minimum of a BS degree in Pharmacy.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 1-2 years of hospital pharmacy experience.
- Knowledge of principles of USP 795, 797, and 800.
- EPIC experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Registered Pharmacist License. If you feel that the above
description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities,
then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, New York , Pharmacist (Part Time), Healthcare , Edison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!