Company: PetVet Care Centers
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Heart of Brooklyn Veterinary Hospital is a multi-doctor
two-hospital practice group in Brooklyn, NY. Our hospitals are
located in Fort Greene and Flatbush. Our mission is to provide
top-quality medical care for pets and exceptional customer service
to clients. We believe that teamwork and a positive work
environment are of the utmost importance. We are currently looking
for a full-time and part-time receptionist (client service
representative) for both locations.Position Overview: The
Receptionist supports and adds value to an efficient organization
dedicated to quality care and exceptional service. You will perform
a variety of clerical and customer service work in providing
support to the hospital, and to clients during often high stress
situations.Tasks include: Coordinate the flow of pets and owners in
the lobby; placates owners distressed by long waits, scheduling
glitches, and other problems.Identify potential emergencies in
person, and over the phone, and schedule those appointments
- Organize and process all payment plans, billing statements, and
collections. Perform cashiering duties; process refunds, returns
and credits as needed.
- Responds to inquiries about the range of services the practice
provides and the species it treats; refer to appropriate
department/staff member as needed.
- Input data to practice management software to check pets in;
make simple postings to accounts; compile data for various
- Receive and distribute incoming mail; and process outgoing
- Coordinate and schedule appointments; provide clients with
appointment reminders and any special instructions; call clients
whose pets have overdue treatments.
- Respond to client emails; type and edit a variety of
correspondence, and process faxes.
- Able to learn basic veterinary medicine terminology.
- Become familiar with retail products, medications,
vaccinations, routine testing, and heartworm and flea preventatives
and be able to confidently discuss with clients.
- Use Windows based computer systems, word processing, email, web
search and other skills needed to effectively use software.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of
education, and/or experience.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures such as alphabetizing files
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or
workstation and/or extended periods of time standing and/or
- Some moderately physically demanding work, involving lifting or
carrying up to 50 pounds.Schedule:10-hour shiftsFull-time: 4 days
per weekPart-time: 2 days per weekBenefits:Health Benefits
including Dental and Vision (FT employees)4-day work weekPaid Time
Off401K PlanUniform allowancePartner programs with companies such
as Target, Dell, etc.Discounted Veterinary care for employee pets
-Please apply online through
Keywords: PetVet Care Centers, New York , Veterinary Receptionist, Healthcare , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!