Nurse Manager Family Health Center Park Ridge, Brooklyn
Company: NYU Langone Health - Symphony Talent
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical
Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in
New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes
eight primary care sites, 40 school-based health centers and dental
clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental
residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health
program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites
providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV
services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center
that offers educational, vocational, and other social support
programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone,
and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook,
Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.Position Summary:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Manager
Family Health Center Park Ridge Brooklyn.
In this role, the successful candidate The FHC Nurse Manager is
responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating ambulatory
care patient services to attain optimal and effective patient care.
Responsible for the management and quality of care as part of the
leadership team at the sites/modules. Serves as role model and
resource for all staff.Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge and skills in area of
supervision and directs staff in its application.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and respect of for
coworkers/patients cultural background.
- Understands broad organizational and business issues; has and
uses cross functional knowledge; knows how to get things done and
whom to involve and when.
- Gathers relevant information systematically to generate
solutions; adept at using statistical/financial information to
problem solve; grasps complexities and perceives relationships
- Considers a wide range of factors when making decisions;
develops business plans to meet customer needs; adjusts actions and
decisions for focus on critical strategic issues.
- Demonstrates flexibility to shifting priorities and rapid
- Speaks and writes clearly and in a well organized manner.
- Provide clear direction to employees. Demonstrates effective
coaching and staff development.
- Demonstrates high levels of collaboration and teamwork.
- Identifies and meets learning needs in order to maintain
competency and respond to new clinical and management
- Ensures staff compliance with annual mandatory in service, i.e.
Environments of Care, Infection Control.
- Participates in the clinical and leadership development of
employees in his/her area.
- Makes recommendations for staff educational needs and plans
educational activities independently and in conjunction with
others. Maintains clinical in service attendance record.
- Facilitates and ensures orientation of personnel to the
site/module. Plans for experience needed to perform
- Maintains records on licensure and certifications of the
- Serves as a liaison to all other departments in the LMC system
and demonstrates effective teambuilding and problem solving
strategies in interactions.
- Assimilates LMC core values compassion, dignity, inclusivity,
respect throughout all processes and interactions.
- Establish pleasant working environment conducive to teamwork,
growth and recognition.
- Utilizes effective conflict resolution strategies when dealing
with staff, providers, patients and family members.
- Maintains effective, ongoing and timely communication with
staff and maintains records of meetings.
- Collaborates with Materials Management Department and
Purchasing for appropriate supplies and equipment and ensures
proper utilization and maintenance of supplies and equipment on
unit. Monitors budget in collaboration with site director.
Participates in annual staffing/plan budget review process.
- Establishes work performance and clinical competency of
personnel on a timely basis and makes recommendations for
promotions, transfers and discharges. Takes corrective action
and/or disciplinary action with staff in collaboration with Human
- Counsels and coaches clinical support staff concerning their
work performance and development; holds staff accountable for
- Interviews and recommends hiring of applicants for clinical
support positions with Site Director and Nurse Recruiting
- Monitors site/module staffing to budget, overtime/agency use
and provides justifications as needed
- Prepares clinical support staff schedules in a timely manner.
Monitors appropriate use of benefit time. Approves overtime for
nurses and medical assistants.
- Plans for staffing needs of the site(s)/modules(s) on a long
and short term basis, adjusting based on workload and other
staffing variables to maintain safe, efficient care in an effective
- Responds to staff, provider and patient satisfaction needs and
identifies and implements solutions in collaboration with related
departments as needed.
- Acts as resource for staff for clinical/legal issues; and
regulatory & policy matters. Refers as appropriate.
- Responds to patient/family needs in timely, positive manner and
ensures service excellence among all staff.
- Promotes safety and risk free environment for patients and
- Investigates incidents and occurrences and institutes
corrective action as appropriate.
- Participates on a voluntary or appointed basis in
inter-intra-departmental and inter-disciplinary committees to
improve patient care.
- Conducts Performance Management monitoring and participates in
problem identification and solution to improve key
processes/systems/patient care; shares results in staff meetings.
Encourages staff participation in performance management
- Initiates and encourages staff participation in patient care
- Establishes/maintains processes to promote a multidisciplinary
team approach in developing, implementing and evaluating patient
care and/or family education.
- Provides direct patient care as needed to meet patient care
needs or role model behavior.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree required.
New York State Registered Nurse license required
Three years of ambulatory care experience required.
Previous leadership experience preferred.
Willingness to devote the time required completing assigned tasks
BCLS, NYS Infection Control Certificate required.Preferred
Master's Degree preferred.Qualified candidates must be able to
effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff
with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an
institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel
good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO
policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal
"EEO is the law" poster or visit
more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click
here.NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the
New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The
salary range for the role is $101,823.37 - $115,000.00 Annually.
Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including
experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary
range or contractual rate listed does not include
bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation
Keywords: NYU Langone Health - Symphony Talent, New York , Nurse Manager Family Health Center Park Ridge, Brooklyn, Healthcare , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!