Pharmacy Technician II - Required License and/or Certification - Brooklyn -Evening/Overnight
Company: NYU Langone Health - Symphony Talent
Posted on: January 27, 2023
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital
and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The
hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated
ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone
Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the
entire borough. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and
inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our
exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all
identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and
individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. Learn more about NYU
Langone Hospital - Brooklyn, and interact with us on LinkedIn,
Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Pharmacy
Technician II - Required License and/or Certification -
In this role, the successful candidate The Pharmacy Technician
supports the Pharmacy Department's distribution process by the way
of dispensing medical prescriptions, receiving and storing incoming
supplies, as well as verifying stock in order to maintain inventory
- Supports all departmental distribution processes
(delivery-routine, and stats, cassette filling).
- Responsible for the safe handling of pharmaceutical
waste.Knowledgeable in the storage, dispensing and safe disposal of
the medication deemed hazardous.
- Orders medications and supplies on an as needed basis from the
wholesaler and Materials Services.
- Under supervision of licensed RPh following all USP 797
regulations, assembles, prepares IV medications; labels medications
uses technology provided to ensure the safest product
- Prepares reports of anesthesia reconciliation of controlled
substances. [Applies to designated technicians only.]
- Sorts out anesthesia controlled substance returns; reviews
anesthesia controlled substance records. [Applies to designated
- Adheres to all department policies related for the above
assignments or any other aspect of service.
- Conducts medication station reviews (expiration date
- Refills automated dispensing cabinets
- Delivers medication to patient care areas.
- Performs stock related task (unpack order, check
- Assists in inventory control (check expiration dates, maintains
drug stocks, places orders with drug wholesaler and other
- Packages medications using automated technologies.
- Fills unit dose cassettes under direction of a licensed
- To qualify you must have a High School Diploma.
- Must be a registered certified pharmacy technician through New
- Required Licenses: Cert Pharmacy Technician
- Completion of an approved Pharmacy Technician Program
- 2 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- PTCB. Fluent in Spanish.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with
all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies,
please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is
the law" poster or visit
more information.NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to
comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job
Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $58,581.08 -
$58,581.08 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of
factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital
need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include
bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation
or benefits.To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click
Keywords: NYU Langone Health - Symphony Talent, New York , Pharmacy Technician II - Required License and/or Certification - Brooklyn -Evening/Overnight, Healthcare , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!