Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- Night Tour
Company: Physician Affiliate Group of NY
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is comprised of
nearly 3,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide
services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health
system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled
professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest
level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
Besides providing administrative and human resources services,
PAGNY also fosters an environment in its partner hospitals that
allows healthcare professionals to identify and implement best
practices across institutions; promote training, academic and
research opportunities; develop multidisciplinary integrated
clinical service lines; build new systems of care; and address the
impact of anticipated major changes in the nation's healthcare
With approximately 65,000 admissions per year and 10,000 average
daily population, the NYC jail system is among the largest in the
nation. The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New
York City Health + Hospitals (H + H) is responsible for the
delivery of medical care, mental health care and discharge planning
in the jail system. CHS is a national leader in the delivery of
healthcare to the criminal-justice involved population and aspires
to the highest standards of care, with the goal of meeting or
exceeding what is available in the community. CHS care includes a
comprehensive history and physical at the point of admission,
robust screening efforts (HIV, hepatitis C, STDs, TB, etc.) and the
management of chronic and acute illness. CHS views incarceration as
a crucial opportunity to provide care to an underserved population
and improve the population health of the communities to which our
patients return. CHS is committed to continuously improving the
delivery of care in the security setting, using the system-wide
Electronic Health Record as a tool to promote patient safety and
population health. CHS has contributed to the literature on medical
care in the jail as well as public health concerns related to
incarceration and seeks to build on a reputation as a national
leader, now integrated into the larger H + H care delivery network.
CHS seeks to promote an academic practice environment with ample
opportunities for continuous education, clear pathways for career
growth and engagement of front line staff in the ongoing process of
improving clinical care.
The Licensed Practical Nurse cares for people who are sick,
injured, convalescent or disabled. They participate in the
planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care, based on
the objectives, standards and policies of practical nursing.
LPNs work under the direction of a Registered Nurse and/or
Physicians at Rikers Island facilities.
- Provides basic bedside care
- Maintains comfortable, orderly, safe and clean environment for
- Measures & records patients vital signs (such as height,
weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration)
- Assists with bathing, dressing and personal hygiene of
- Prepares and gives injections and enemas
- Monitors catheters
- Records food/fluid input/output
- Dresses wounds
- Assists with bed positioning, standing and walking of
- Collects samples of blood and/or urine for testing
- Performs routine laboratory tests as directed by
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an
IV) and records prescribed medications.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in
accordance with the policy regarding the administration of
medications by a LPN.
- Assists in relevant health teaching for patient
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and
completely, in a timely manner in the appropriate format and on the
- Performs other position related duties as assigned, depending
on assignment setting Depending on setting may also:
- Start intravenous fluids
- Direct care provided by nursing aides
- Floats among various clinical services, where qualified Other
- Upholds HIPAA regulations
- Punctual and dependent for assigned/confirmed shifts Human
- Is responsible and cooperative with supervisor, fellow
associates, patients, visitors, and Department of Correction
- Maintains friendly working atmosphere.
- Maintains professional attitude.
- Maintains professional appearance and adheres to uniform policy
of the Department of Nursing.
- Accepts constructive criticism as evidenced by appropriate
changes in behavior.
- Utilizes established channels of communication.
- Recognizes, accepts, and respects people as individuals.
- Recognizes limitation and seeks assistance appropriately.
- Meet standards for attendance as per policy. Five days a Week,
Alternate Weekends, Full-Time, Night Tour 12am-8am (AMKC C-71,
CDU-WF, NIC, VCBC)
Salary: $63, 147. 24 - $67,646.28 annually
- Accredited High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
- Current LPN license, in good standing with the State Licensing
- Minimum of one year LPN experience preferred.
- BCLS Certificate.
- Infection Control Certificate. Please be advised that proof of
Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
This position will require a background check, security clearance
and/or drug screening. PAGNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In
compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws,
qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual
orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran
Keywords: Physician Affiliate Group of NY, New York , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- Night Tour, Healthcare , Astoria, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!