Cardiology Physician Assistant - Per Diem
Company: Northwell Health
Location: New York
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Performs a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary
for patient admission, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up,
and outcome evaluation. Participates in performance improvement,
research, and educational activities.
- Takes initial patient histories and performs physical
- Initiates, documents, and communicates the plan of care and
follows up to ensure complete screening and preparation of
- Performs daily patient rounds.
- Writes orders for medications, laboratory work, and diagnostic
- Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff,
and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient
- Upon discharge, notes discharge summaries, prescriptions, and
any referrals on patient charts.
- Informs patients of the necessary post-discharge care
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree, required. Graduate of an accredited
(Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs
ARC-PA) program, required.
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant (PA) by
the New York State Department of Education, required.
- Current NCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the
Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
- Current BLS certification, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Cardiology Physician Assistant - Per Diem, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!